A Message From Us
Welcome Back! We hope you all have had a good and restful spring break!
The month of May is known for love and success. With that being said, the counseling department challenges you all to show yourself and others love. We also encourage you all to continue working hard to be successful in your classes! Summer break is right around the corner, and it will be here before you know it!
As always, if you need to meet with your counselor, please put in a counselor referral form and we will get with you as soon as we can!
Mental Health Check-In
Facts About Mental Health:
- 1 in 5 children ages 13-18 have, or will have a serious mental illness
- 20% of youth ages 13-18 live with a mental health condition
- 37% of students with a mental health condition age 14 and older drop out of school
- 70% of youth in state and local juvenile justice systems have a mental illness
Daily Activities to Help Maintain Healthy Mental Health
- Begin your day with gratitude
- DISCONNECT from technology and social media for at least an hour
- Set a small goal each day
- Eat foods that nourish your body
- Monitor your 'shoulds'. Are they from you or someone else?
- Take breaks from big tasks
- Get enough sleep
- Talk to someone
- Speak kindly to YOURSELF
- Do activities you enjoy
- Acknowledge your feelings and remember that they are just "for now"
- Spend some time in the sunshine
- Set and honor your boundaries
Teacher Appreciation Week (05/02-05/06)
A message from the counseling team to the HHS teachers-
We appreciate everything that you do for the students and for us. We are here to support you and we can not be more thankful to work with such a great team. We hope you guys have a great week!
School Principals' Day
05/02-05/13: AP Exams
05/05: Cinco de Mayo
05/08: Mother's Day
05/10-05/16: NCVPS Exams
05/11: NTHS Induction Ceremony
05/13: FAFSA Application Assistance for Seniors
05/18: Free Physicals at HHS
05/18: HHS Talent Show Auditions
05/18: NHS Induction Ceremony
05/19: NJROTC Award Ceremony
05/23, 05/24, 05/26: Cheer Tryouts
05/25: Class VS. Class Basketball Tournament
05/25: AVID Senior Banquet
05/27: Staff VS. Class Basketball Tournament
05/30: Memorial Day (No School)
05/31: Awards Night