December 10, 2018
Instructional Minute - Gamifying Math
Here's a way you might introduce a new math game in your class:
1. Introduce the game and model how to play.
2. Provide students the opportunity to play multiple rounds of the game.
3. Facilitate a class discussion about the various strategies used and what students learned.
4. Formal learning - directly instruct students in a new strategy or concept (for example, students play a game and collect data, then you model how to interpret the data).
5. Assessment - have students play the game again and incorporate the new learning. Circulate, observe, and converse with students to assess their learning.
December 12 - Principal Meeting AM (Bryan and Wendy out)
December 12 - Staff Meeting, 3:00 PM
December 13 - Bethany All Star Choir Concert, 6:30 PM
December 17 -- Bethany All Star Choir School Performance - 8:00 AM
December 19 - Team Leader Meeting, 3:00 PM
December 20 - School spelling bee (4th/5th), 8:00 AM
December 20 - 2nd Nine Weeks Assembly 2:00 PM
December 20 - Retirement reception for Nurse Jill - 4:00 PM
December 21 - Winter Parties 9:30-10:30
December 21 - Early release, report cards go home
January 7 - 1st day back for teachers
January 7 - Education Galaxy Training 8:00 AM, Library
January 8 - First day back for students
January 8 - Student Management Meeting (Wendy out AM)
January 9 - Edugence/MAP/PES training during teacher planning
January 9 - Staff Meeting
January 10 - SMS Principal and Counselor visit, 1:30 PM