Kindergarten News #11
It's Almost Time to Say Goodbye...
Greetings, Kindergarten Families:
Yes, it's almost time to say "Goodbye"- something I'm not ever eager to do. This year will be especially poignant as it marks the end of eight years of teaching at Bement, and the end of my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been so wonderful to work with each of your delightful young children. I have learned so much during my time with them- lessons I will carry forward in my work as an educator. Most of all, they have reminded me that we all start out curious and with hearts ready to love. Thanks so much for supporting my work here in the classroom. That is a primary ingredient in your child's success at school, to be sure. And, as you watch your child blossom and grow, I hope you will enjoy the journey!
Caps for Sale Memories
I made this iMovie with some photos and a few audio clips that the kids and I recorded after their performance of Caps For Sale. While working on it, I was reminded of my own children and their first plays at Bement. This afternoon, I will make my way to the barn to see my son perform Shakespeare. I marvel at how they've grown while here at Bement...as actors, as musicians, and as students. May you all experience that great pleasure, as well!
Caps for Sale
Notes, in Brief:
- On Monday, mid-morning, both kindergarten classes will finish off our farm study with a trip down the road to the Melnik family farm. We will see a working farm, complete with dairy cows and other animals as we tour with Bement parent, Peter Melnik. This trip is always a treat for everyone! Be sure your child comes prepared to *muck about* on the farm with boots or sneakers and weather-appropriate clothing.
- I hope to see you all at the end of the year Kindergarten party next Tuesday at 2:30. Assuming the weather is good, we'll be out on the playground.
- I will be sending home your children's work beginning Friday. I will try to get it all in your child's backpack before next Tuesday.
- Please note that next Wednesday is an early dismissal, 1:45, but regular school dress is required that day.
- Be sure to read this week's Look Ahead for information regarding our upcoming end-of-the-year Bement traditions. Please note arrival and pick-up times and the dress code for Baccalaureate and Commencement.