February 20, 2017; 8:00-4:00
8:30-10:30-Meet with Like Campus Grade Levels @ Wyatt
11:00-1:00-Lunch with Your Team Debriefing Like Campus Meetings
1:00-TELPAS Calibration for those teachers involved with giving TELPAS (meet with Andi)
1:00-Lesson Planning for non-TELPAS teachers
*Schools participating-Skaggs, Wyatt, Mathews, Andrews, Bethany and Centennial
Notes for the Day
- Show up BEFORE 8:30 so you are ready when the session begins.
- Plan to carpool as parking is limited.
- Remember to set an example by collaborating and not complaining!
- Please participate in the discussion and keep an open mind.
- Plan to attend lunch with your team to debrief. Plan your destination ahead of time.
- Write AT LEAST one idea you gained from your like campus meeting. You will need to catch any teammates up that are involved in TELPAS.
Suggested Topics for Fifth Grade -- Review And Ponder Before Monday, February 20th
- Immigration Simulation, Colonial Days, Wax Museum, Decades Fair... which ones, if any, are you doing at your campuses? Do you have other special days you could share ideas about?
- Any bright ideas on how to combine SS and Reading/LA and NOT get behind??
- Science STAAR Prep, I/E Time and how to use it effectively
- What type of daily schedule do you have that allows you to incorporate reading, LA, and SS in one block? How do keep up with the timeline?
- daily grades (how many, what, how it's graded), LASS integration, advanced math (not Rocks)
- Guided Reading
- Differentiation in Math
- Novel study
- Intervention strategies
- How to use guided reading strategies to aid in math word problem comprehension
- Technology and other ENRICHMENT Suggestions for IE time when teachers are working with Tier 2 students - particularly in the areas of Reading and LA.
- what activities do you do with ESL kids when not in pullout if they are very limited English? Any suggestions for good resources other than ESL teacher?
- How do you handle tutoring for kids who need tutoring in multiple subjects so they aren't extending their school days many times a week?
- Any good technology activities that have been done to enhance learning?
- Good beneficial websites?
- 1) social studies/language arts integration. 2) impact of poverty on learning and strategies to remap the brain for learning for these students
- Differentiation - what to use for those kids who are ready to take it to the next level.
- Differentiation for gifted learners
- Organized and accessible subject-based level-appropriate materials and activities for the increasing population of ESL students
- More advanced yet closely related curriculum for students who show mastery of an entire Envision unit's concepts versus random enrichment assignments.