South Row's Home Link
Week(s) of: December 20th, 2021 and January 3rd, 2022
Message from Mrs. Gilbert, Principal
This newsletter will be our last of 2021. Please look for our next newsletter in 2022! We hope you will consider attending our Parent Discussion Night on January 13th. You can find additional information about this event below. The evening will include a visit from She's a Keeper, the Therapy Dog organization we are working with. They will be bringing some of the dogs that have been here for classroom visits.
Thank you to those who donated to our wonderful December Kindness Act!! Many sets of pajamas will be donated to the Wish Project due to your generosity. Additionally, our staff is super grateful for the cookies and treats today that so many families shared with us to enjoy. A special thank you to the PTO for their organization.
Enjoy the holidays, rest up and stay healthy!!
Week at a Glance
WEEK OF DECEMBER 20th, 2021
- Student Council (Grade Level Meeting Planning Group), 12:30pm, Gym
- Grade 2 Gingerbread Activity
- School Spirit Day - Silly Sock & Pajama Day
- No School - December Break
Week of December 27th - December 31st - December Break - No School
WEEK OF JANUARY 3rd, 2022
- No events
- No events
- No events
- No events
- Student Grade Level Meetings, Monday, January 10th
- International Festival Planning Committee Meeting, Monday, January 10th, 4:00pm, Lab
- School Council Meeting (canceled), Monday, January 10th, 5:30pm, Lab
- PTO Meeting, Monday, Monday, January 10th, 7:00pm, Cafeteria
- Half Day (Professional Development Day for Staff) - Tuesday, January 11th - Students dismissed at 11:45am
- Parent Discussion Night (Sponsored by School Council), Thursday, January 13th - more info coming soon! Please share your input by clicking on the link in the flyer below.
- MLK Day, No School- Monday, January 17th
- Therapy Dogs Visit (Mathews, Patriquin, Bullock, Hodgkins, Sanborn), Tuesday, January 18th
- Kindergarten Registration (for Rising Kindergarten families): Wednesday, January 26th and Thursday, January 27th 9:00am-6:00pm. Be on the lookout for scheduling appointments at Central Office in the coming weeks.
Parent Discussion Night Flyer - January 13th
Click on this link to provide us feedback for discussion night...
Upcoming Spirit Days
- Kindness Day - Monday, January 10th
- South Row/Chelmsford Spirit Day - Friday, January 14th
- Pajama Day - Friday, January 28th (tentative)
Monthly Kind Act
January: The Kindness Challenge Week ( 1.24.22-1.28.22) - more info coming soon!
Update from the Music Room
From the 🎵Music Room🎵:
1) We have had a student teacher from UML in the music room for 8 weeks. Ms. Richards has done a wonderful job but will be moving on after break to start her teaching career. We wish her luck!
2) Free Piano - A generous Chelmsford family is looking to re-home their family piano. If you are interested, please email Valerie Young at Valerie.email@example.com
As always, any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to send me an email. I hope you have a wonderful December break!
Mrs. Cooper, CooperA@chelmsford.k12.ma.us Twitter/Instagram: @SouthRowMusic
Dear South Row Families,
Some parents are opting out of pool testing now that their student(s) is fully vaccinated. Please reach out to me via email, and CC your student’s teacher, if you would like your student removed from the pool testing list.
As many of you have heard there is a stomach bug going around. South Row has not seen too many cases and there is no pattern such as multiple cases in the same class. We will continue to spray and disinfect classrooms and shared objects daily. If your student has diarrhea or vomiting they must stay home. They may return to school when they have been symptom free for 24 hours. We will be encouraging students to wash their hands frequently at school when possible. Please encourage good handwashing practices at home as well - soap and water for 20 seconds then rinse!
I am working to input Covid vaccination information as I receive it. I appreciate your patience. You can send a picture of your child’s vaccination card via email or send a hard copy to the school with your student if you prefer not to upload their medical information online.
If your student(s) is identified as a close contact over the Winter break please send me an email to let me know so that I can calculate their return to school date. Students who are 2 weeks post their second vaccination are exempt from testing and quarantine protocols. If a household member tests positive for Covid, the Chelmsford Board of Health recommends that all household members test immediately and then repeat testing on the 5th day from the most recent exposure to the positive individual regardless of vaccination status. This testing is recommended but not required.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Holiday Decorations Map
Thank you to those who have signed up for our holiday decorations map! You can access the map by visiting tinyurl.com/srholidaydec2021. If your house is decorated but you forgot to sign up for the map, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added. Happy viewing!
Staff Appreciation Cookie "Swap"
Many thanks to all of the families who donated treats for our cookie "swap"! Your hard work made this gorgeous spread possible!
Museum of Science Virtual Enrichment - Grade 1
SOUTH ROW'S PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Therapy Dog Visits
Pride Shout Outs
Parachute Fun in Mrs. Bullock's Class
Thank you South Row families!
Winter Walking Tips from Chelmsford Municipal Safety
Contact the South Row Administrative Team!
Mr. Jayson Ramalho, M.Ed.
Contact the Main Office Staff
- Mrs. Terri Gilbert, Principal: email@example.com, 978-251-5177 ext. 4
- Mr. Jayson Ramalho, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177 ext. 3
- Mrs. Shannon Vandevoordt, School Nurse: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext.2
- Mrs. Debbie O'Neill, Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext. 0
- Mrs. Kim Sepe, School Clerk: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext.0
- Absentee Line: 978-251-5177 ext. 1