3rd Grade News
Ms. Ramsey's Weekly Newsletter January 29, 2016
Send your child in with an empty shoe box wrapped in Red, White, or Pink paper by February 5 PLEASE :)
Language: Unit 4, Week 1
- Phonics: Irregular Plurals
- Spelling Words:wolves, knives, feet, men, children, women, sheep, heroes, scarves, mice, geese, wives, elves, banjos, halves, loaves, beliefs, tomatoes, potatoes, tornadoes
- Conventions: Singular and Plural Pronouns
- Writing: Persuasive Essay
Reading: Unit 4, Week 1
- Making Generalizations
- Book of the Week: The Man who Invented Basketball (Genre: Narrative Nonfiction)
- Vocabulary Words: basketball, disease, guard, popular, freeze, sports, study, terrible
Social Studies:. Chapter 3
Chapter 3: Lesson 6- AMERICAN REVOLUTION
Science: Chapter 5
PVO NEEDS YOURS HELP WITH THE VALENTINE'S DANCE
Send your Valentine a sweet message!Student Council and Mrs. Carmona’s CMP/CE class are teaming up to sell valentines for the students to give to their friends or valentine.
What: A wrapped Cutie (mandarin orange) with a small candy and a valentine card.
Who: Anyone can purchase them for their friends or valentine.
When: Sales begin January 27th. The last day to purchase is February 9th. Valentines will be distributed on February 12th.
Where: Sales will take place in the cafeteria. Valentines will be distributed to student’s 1st period class.
Cost: $2.00 All proceeds will go to “Together We Learn – Juntos Aprendemos Community"-
Mission: Latino Network provides transformative opportunities, services, and advocacy for the education, leadership and civic engagement of our youth, families and communities
January 30 - Deadline for Year Book Cover Design Entries
January 31 - Regional Technology Fair Hosted by FSA
February 2- AR DRESS DOWN * INDIVIDUALIZED EMAILS WILL BE SENT OUT OVER THE WEEKEND. :)
February 3- Invent an Animal Project due
February 5- Re-enrollment forms due
February 10- Chapter 5 Ecosystems Test
February 11- Chapter 3 Social Studies Test
February 12- Class Valentines Day celebration
February 15 - NO SCHOOL
February 25th - Field Trip to Alliance Theater
We are excited to announce that we will be holding a Maker Faire at FSAPS this semester! A Maker Faire is the best Show (and Tell) on Earth! It is a festival of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness.
All students are invited to create a project to display at our school Maker Faire to be held on our campus. The two documents below contain all the details for participation. We would like for students to submit project proposals to their Science teacher by Friday, February 5th. These proposals can change! However, in order to participate you must have one turned in by Friday, February 5th.
Students who participate will.......
- 1- Earn 10 points extra credit added to a test in their Science class ( No placement is required to earn 10 points)
- 2- Have a chance to win an EXCITING award and a cash prize!
- - Elementary School:
Kindergarten-2nd Grade Prizes include - LEGO sets, craft sets, and Snap Circuits
3rd-5th Grade Prizes include - LEGO sets, craft sets, Snap Circuits
- - Middle School:
1st Place - $100 Amazon Gift Card
2nd Place - $75 Amazon Gift Card
3rd Place $50 Amazon Gift Card
Is your child interested in participating? We hope so! Please do the following.....
1. Fill out the Maker Faire Project Proposal Form attached to this email and turn it in to your Science teacher by Februrary 5th.
2. Use the Maker Project Packet attached to work on your project throughout the semester and bring it to school no later than Monday, April 25th.
Re-enrollment for 2016-2017
NJHS CLUB IS COLLECTING BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION FOR OUR SCHOOL!
There are assignments posted for all content areas (Reading/ELA, Science, Social Studies, and Math). These assignments align with GPS standards. New assignments will be available Monday, February 1 until February 29! Go ahead and get your child started!! :)
Make sure your child is keeping up with their Six Flags log for free tickets :)
GET CONNECTED TO OUR CLASS WITH THE HOMEROOM APP!
SYMBALOO EDU RESOURCES
Below are some more Symbaloo links for your child!
Mrs. Houston and I's 3rd grade Resources
Elementary Science Resources
Grades 3-5 Resources
Another Teacher's symbaloo that is excellent!!