Mary's Team Work Records 2019-20
Everything you need to know about work records!
A work sample that reflects student progress is required for EVERY learning period. You will only label and upload a work record for each student 4 times throughout the year.
Learning Period 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8: You are required to collect the work sample even if we are not uploading. Collect work samples for these LPs and file them away in your own records
Learning Period 1, 3, 5, 6: Create a work sample and upload it into Pathways
All work samples must be archived in the following Learning Periods:
Semester 1: LP1 & LP3
A student enrolled after LP1:
You will NOT have the LP1 upload option, please upload it to LP3 with a total of 2 samples per subject if high school or 2 work samples of parent's choice for TK-8th. We are no longer uploading the sample into LP 2.
A student added a course after LP1:
Please add it to the sample upload into LP3. We need to make sure that we have two samples uploaded per semester. For example- if the student added Drivers Ed on 10/01 you will collect two samples during LP2. Both samples will then be added to LP3. You can put both samples into one work record document or you can upload the second sample individually to LP3.
Semester 2: LP5 & LP6
Teacher review date is typically the last day of the LP but can be any time between the date the work was completed and the last day of the LP.
What is a work record?
A work record consists of a work sample that is correctly labeled by the parent and the HST. The work record will be saved as a PDF document and uploaded into Pathways
All TK-8th grade students are required to submit ONE work sample per learning period. Please encourage them to rotate the subjects so we have a variety.
All high school students are required to submit ONE work sample per course they are enrolled in. Each sample needs to be correctly labeled to be a compliant work record
- Sample includes student’s first and last name. If the student is unable to write all of it, please ask them to attempt it and then the parent/learning coach can write it clearly. If the student's name is added to the sample through a curriculum program, it does not need to be hand written also
- Student writes the date within the date range of the upload period
- Best Practice-Sample has a grade given by the learning coach, parent, HQT, or computerized curriculum program. This can be done as a smiley face, fraction, percentage, letter grade, below expectation, meets expectation, exceeds expectations etc... The teacher will add an appropriate teacher grade that reflects the work completed.
- Label each sample with a grid that includes the 6 pieces of required information (below). HSTs all have access to Adobe Pro which is best for work records.
Next Steps to a Perfect Work Record
2. Upload your work samples into the folder
3. Notify your peer when your work samples are ready for review
4. Your peer will review each work sample and make any notes and needed corrections on the cover sheet for you to reference
5. Make all needed corrections
6. Email me that your work samples are ready for final review
7. Once you receive the green light, you will upload the work samples into Pathways
Peer Review List
It is so important to create compliant work records before they are uploaded into Pathways. Please take time to carefully peer review your partner's work records and please take time to make the corrections that your peer has suggested on your cover sheet before you send them to your RC for final review.
Please find your name and your peer below. Your peer will have access to your work records folder. Please connect with your peer when your WR are ready to review.
Naming Convention for Work Record
When saving your work record as a PDF, please carefully name the document following the sample below.
Last Name_First Initial_WRLP#_Review Date