P.S. 212Q Weekly Update
For the week of May 16-20, 2022
Everyone Grows at P.S. 212Q!
Our vision for all learners the principal, the staff, and most importantly our students is continuous growth and improvement.
We are focusing on Thinking Interdependently (see below) for the next few weeks to begin building the mindset required to be successful in life, school, work, and play.
Week 32 - May169th -20th Multi-Cultural May-International Food Festival
Big shout out to the IDEA Committee for recess games today, the children were so happy!
Our Multicultural traditional attire parade was beautiful (pictures forthcoming).
Events this week:
- Monday, May 16th - Grade 2 Chinese Dance. Grades PK, K and 1 International Food Festival. Ms. Flores NY Kids Rise Money Monday 2:30 pm.
- Tuesday, May 17th - K-2 Dual Flamenco residency. Ukulele Grade 4. Grades 2 and 3 International Food Festival.
- Wednesday, May 18th - Morning and after school programs for selected students. 3-5 Dual Flamenco residency. Brighter Bites. Evening parent engagement (see below).
- Thursday, May 19th - Morning and after school programs for selected students. Grade 2 Chinese Dance finale 9:00 am.
Friday, May 20th - Grades 4 and 5 International Food Festival.
- May 30 - Memorial Day - School Closed
Laura Miniero, Principal
Brain Power Wellness Activity of the Week: Compliment Game
Families have access to many beautiful books, including multi-cultural books.
Does your child need a Remote Learning Device??
**Students can use daily at home to complete homework, access RAZ-Kids (English/Spanish), IXL Mathematics, Google Classroom, SORA reading library, BrainPop, Khan Academy so many resources available!
All students should have a DOE device, we will fill requests based upon available inventory and then request more from the DOE.
You will then receive an appointment to pick up the device.
Need Tech Support?
This form can be use if you are having any issues with DOE assigned iPads or Chromebooks. It can also be use if you need help with a password (IXL, RazKids, BrainPop and Learning.com).
***New 1/22 - The DOE has launched a new site for Tech Support: https://supporthub.schools.nyc/
IXL Extra Math Support at home for all students
- IXL Website:
1. Go to www.ixl.com/signin/pstwoonetwo
2. Enter username (Your teacher provides you with this information)
3. Enter password (Your teacher provides you with this information)