- Civil law deals with noncriminal disputes providing a way to settle personal disputes that don't have criminal activity involved.
- Generally, people file civil lawsuits in court because they believe they have been harmed and should get compensation.
Civil law provides two kinds of remedys for breaking the law
- Compensation is when the civil law provides a way for you to compensated for damage caused by another person for example the amount of money needed to pay for medical treatment, and the cost of fixing or replacing damaged property such as a car or house exctra
- Equity is not a lawsuit that can be settled with money judges usually equity by ordering the defendent to do something or stop doing something
Some of the vocabulary words are compensation, remedy, plaintiff, defendent, and equity
- Compensation - payment to make up for a loss, injury, and the like
- Remedy - solution to the harm caused by the accused person
- Plaintiff - person who files a legal action or claim
- Defendent - person being sued or accused of a crime
- Equity - justice under the law that is influenced by fairness