Region 6 ESC CTE and CCMR
MAY 2020 (COVID-19)
CTE Directors Meeting VIA ZOOM (SEE DATE CHANGE)
Wednesday, June 10th, 9am
This is an online event.
Topic: CTE Directors Meeting and Perkins Local Application Training
Time: June 10, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 937 6690 9083
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Perkins local application, Perkins ADC and Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment
If you have not completed your ADC please complete ASAP.
This VIDEO link below will assist you in locating the SC5003 and the ADC.
Below are important dates:
- Perkins ADC is available on 5/15/2020 if the LEA has submitted the CLNA (SC5600) and the Formula Grants Consolidated Schedule (SC5003)
- The new deadline for submitting the CLNA is June 1, 2020 (extended deadline)
- Perkins local application opens on June 2, 2020
- Perkins local application submission deadline is September 3, 2020
- If a LEA waits to submit the CLNA until 6/1/2020, then the ADC will not be available on 5/15/2020
- Waiting until 6/1/2020 to submit the CLNA (SC5600) may delay access to the Perkins Local Application
The CLNA must be approved by the TEA prior to accessing the Perkins local application for 2020-2021.
Review final FTE report for estimated funding
Register for CTAT Summer 2020
Last Amendment due date -May 18th (No update thus far)
Review district assessment data specific to CTE students
Collect and review information needed for Summer PEIMS submission – Critical for state funding so check and double-check!!
Secure number of students and certifications/licensures attained, tested,
- Prepare final CTE Program report to the Superintendent/School Board
- Plan staff development for new and returning CTE Teachers
- Master schedule for CTE Teachers
- Review and compare 6th 6 weeks Principals and Superintendents FTE report to in-house report
- Recruit and hire new teachers as needed
- Complete and submit Perkins Grant Applicant Designation and Certificate (ADC)
- Begin working on the Perkins application in eGrants
- Submit to local newspaper the announcement of the Nondiscrimination statement for publication prior to the beginning of the school year. (Civil Rights Requirement)
- Recruit new teachers for any vacancies in program areas
- Get copies of CTE Teacher’s SBEC certifications and keep on file
- CTE Summer Conferences (virtual)
- CTAT Summer 2020 – (virtual)
- Perkins Grant Star s July 1, 2019, and ends August 15, 2020
Teacher PD and Resources
Region 6 ESC is Dedicated to Serve our districts during this time of remote learning and extended school closures. Our commitment to you is, and will continue to be, based on customized service and personalized relationships.