Glacier Peak Grizzlies
I am, because we are.
Wednesday, August 16 2023
The past 2 days have been amazing! The classrooms and halls are abuzz with joy and excitement.
I would like to share some reminders for our year to run smooth:
- No pets on school grounds during school hours; 7:30-3:00. This is for the safety of all.
- If you bring you pet up after school hours it is imperative that their waste is picked up and disposed of properly.
- Parents and students are to walk their bikes or scooters once on school property.
We will be continuing Glacier's Peak soft start, where school doors will open at 7:40 am. The official start of school is 7:50 am, any student arriving after 7:50 am will be considered "tardy". The students' day ends at 2:35 pm.
Anyone here before 7:40 will not be supervised! Supervision begins at 7:40 AM.
Drop Off & Pick Up
1. Do not get out of the car.
2. Pull all the way up- as far as you can.
- There is enough staff outside to help your student get to the correct entrance OR staff will bring your child to you if it is at pick-up.
3. Once you drop off or pick up, pull out of the way for the next set of cars.
Kindergarten- During the rest of this week and next we will continue picking up your student in the fences area. After that the teachers will bring each class down close to the sidewalk.
K-2nd grade - The teachers will bring each class down to the sidewalk and the students wait with the teacher until the adult is located whether that is in the car or in -person. We ask that parents stay down on the sidewalk.
Below you will see a map of the two traffic patterns for our Drop off and pick up loops.
At Glacier Peak, we do not accept teacher requests because we believe in all of our teachers and value what each offers to our students. We are working to update our staff profiles on our website so you can learn more about your child's teacher.
First Day of School Celebration!
Free & Reduced Benefits
"All families are encouraged to apply for Free and Reduced Benefits at www.adams12.org/myschoolapps. Here's why:
- Families can receive 50% off of select fees or not have to pay them at all. These include athletic fees, course fees and activity and field trip fees tied to curriculum. See the Fees Schedule
- High school students can receive discounts when preparing for their future. This can include discounted course fees, post-graduation planning, scholarships, state and national testing (including SAT, ACT, AP and IB), and post-secondary enrollment.
- Schools receive additional funding from the state to enhance the educational experience for all students.
- Families can qualify for additional resources, such as medical, food and cash assistance, and discounted services like internet.
Sign up for text alerts today! When you sign up you'll receive priority alerts from the district and school on your cell phone. This will include upcoming surveys and messages for the new school year. Text "YES" to 67587
Facebook & Instagram
We try to post important information as well as share pictures of fun things happening at GPE on our Facebook & Instagram page. Please like our school’s page so you can continue to be in the know about all things Glacier Peak!