CSE Mini Spartan Weekly
Your Once-a-Week Update from Cold Spring Elementary
Oct 20th, 2017
From the Principal's Desk
Greetings from CSE,
The weather is gorgeous and we hope you and your family finds some time to enjoy this most wonderful time of the year in Minnesota. There are a few items for notice this week that I want to highlight.
1. Dyslexia Training- Cold Spring Elementary Staff has begun a massive effort to train staff in Orton-Gilligham Approaches. Next week (Oct. 23-27) we will train another 6 staff members in a week long training. This will add to the 6 that are already trained. All of our K-2 teachers plus intervention teachers will be training in Multi-Sensory Approaches to Learning. More information can be found at: https://www.orton-gillingham.com
2. Parent Drop Off/ Pick Up- This continues to be confusing for parents, please note the following.
- Unsupervised Students dropped off between 7:45 and 8:15 will be asked to join their peers for morning recess on the large playground.
- Breakfast is open at 7:45- Students finishing breakfast before 8:15 will be asked to join their peers for morning recess on the large playground.
- Parents who are walking students in, may wait with your students in the commons until 8:15. They can join their peers to go to their lockers when they come inside from morning recess.
- Parents are asked to refrain from going to lockers in the morning. This is both a safety and security issue.
Picture Retakes: A retake picture day is set up for any new students or for students who are not 100% satisfied with their picture package and want their portrait retaken. Students to bring their original picture package with them to the camera, therefore, ensuring the correct order is printed for their retake picture. Need More information? Go Here: http://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/pictureDayId/MI247035Y1
Have a fabulous week!
Dr. Eric Skanson
CSE Weekly Schedule
- DAY 1
- Faith Formation - Grades 1/2
- DAY 2
- Faith Formation - Grades 3/4/5
- DAY 3
- Vision Screening - AM
- DAY 4
- 8:30 - Picture Retake Day (Staff & Students) - Commons
- Hearing Screenings
- DAY 1
- 8:20-10:45 - Grade 1 Field Trip to Paramount Theatre
Important Upcoming Dates
10/26 - Picture Retake Day
10/26 - Hearing Screenings (more details to come)
11/22 - NO Students - Building Staff Development
11/23 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Day
11/24 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
THE CSE DEETS!
THE DEETS, THE CSE STUDENT NEWSCAST!
What is the Deets? The Deets is a the student lead CSE Weekly Newscast. The Deets is part of the Explore program at CSE!
Here are some of the Deetsfrom the week.
REMINDER OF THE WEEK: Picture Retake is Thursday Oct 27th
How Many Years have you worked at CSE?
29th year this year
Elementary PE Specialist
What I love most about my job at CSE
It so rewarding and satisfying to be able to connect with kids at CSE, from K-5th grade, and to be able to instill the importance of the health and wellness into their lives. I also think it's pretty special to be teaching former students' children, and getting the chance to know the second generation of students that have been coming through for a while now. It's so neat to see those former students as adults in the mother and father role now.
Favorite Children's Book.. and Why!
"The Giving Tree"
The book reminds us of how not to be selfish, and that unconditional love is so important.
I enjoy being outdoors doing sports or lifetime fitness activities, yard work, tinkering on home and car projects, going to plays, musicals, camping etc.
Interesting FACTS about ME
Back in my younger days, I was a left handed pitcher in the Twins' minor league system from 1981-83 baseball seasons.
Our School has a subscription to TumbleBookLibrary, and your family can access it from home! It’s unlimited, and it’s FREE for you to use from home!
TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of e-books for children. They are a great way to encourage tech-savvy kids to enjoy reading!
There are over 280 animated, talking picture books! The site also features Spanish and French books, read-along chapter books, non-fiction books, quizzes, and exciting games and puzzles!
We hope that you will get the chance to check out the collections with your child! Below is all the information you’ll need to login to the collection:
Username: ColdspringPassword: reads
Or visit our website for instant access:
You can use your computer, tablet, or mobile phone! All you need is an internet connection. There are no downloads: books are streamed right to your device at the click of a button.
Happy Tumbling, everyone!