Mrs. Platz's Class Newsletter
March 18th, 2016
Monday - C- Music
Tuesday - D - PE
Wednesday - E - Art
Thursday - A -PE
Friday - B - Library
Your First Grader Has Been Working On...
- reading and writing words with "oo" like in book and boot.
- recognizing how an author tells about a character using words and pictures. Ask your child to share with you the Strega Nona stories we read this week. Students learned many things about one of the characters, Big Anthony. Ask your child to describe him to you!
- making connections to a character.
- noticing how a character changes during a story.
- using cubes and other units to compare lengths and heights of objects.
- choosing appropriate tools and using it to measure a given object.
- using standard units of measurement (rulers) and measuring objects around our classroom to the nearest inch.
- writing our own leprechaun stories!
- delivering our "RAK" stars around the school today. Who did your son/daughter decide to give a "RAK" star?
Homework Packets Coming Home Today
oil, soil, voice, point, boy, boil, coin, oink, toy, join, think, when, buy, funny, know
You can practice these words at SpellingCity.com:
Our spelling test will be on Friday, April 1st.
Homework packets are coming home today. They are not due until April 4th!