News from the Nest
May 18, 2018
The Week Ahead
**Week of 5/21**
Monday 5/21 (Day 4)
- Special Olympics at SAHS (Rain Date 5/24)
- Instrumental Music Sign up/Assemblies for 3rd and 4th Grades, 10:30-11 am
- OSSP Presentations, Mrs. Gehman's class, 1:30-3 pm
Tuesday 5/22 (Day 1)
- 1st Grade Author's Tea, Mrs. Case's class, 9:45-10:45 am
- OSSP Presentations, Mrs. Donovan's class, 10:30-12:00 pm
- OSSP Presentations, Mrs. Mandia's class, 1:30-3 pm
Wednesday 5/23 (Day 2)
- 5th Grade Field Trip
- 1st Grade Author's Tea, Miss Prodorutti's class, 9:45-10:45 am
Thursday 5/24 (Day 3)
- 2nd Grade Field Trip
- 1st Grade Author's Tea, Mrs. Porco's class, 9:45-10:45 am
- 1st Grade Author's Tea Mrs. Steffy's class, 12:15-1:15 pm
- Girls on the Run Celebration, 3:30-5 pm
Friday 5/25 (Day 4)
- Student Council Spirit Day - Wear Red/White/Blue for Memorial Day!
- Field Day (Rescheduled from 5/18)
- Last day of EDK
Race for Education
IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO DONATE! The website will be open and we will continue to accept mailers until May 28th!
***Don't forget to reach out to friends and family to help us reach our goal!***
All proceeds from this fundraiser go to assemblies, field trips, technology initiatives, and student and family activities at Vernfield!
Donating is easy!
1. Go to www.race4ed.com/ves.
2. Type in your child's name.
3. Make your donation.
4. Share this website with family and friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
If you prefer, you can mail or hand out these self-mailers (print 2-sided, if possible) to family, friends and neighbors.
Thank you for your support in making this fundraiser successful! If you have any questions, please contact Jenn Lister at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Race for Education - Pizza Party Contest
The classrooms with the highest number of donations will receive a pizza party!
The classes in the lead are:
Kindergarten: Mrs. Fogle's AM class-42 donations
First grade: Mrs. Porco's class- 53 donations
Second grade: Mrs.Moore's class-35 donations
Third grade: Mrs. Edgar's class-32 donations
Fourth grade: Mrs. Ditlow's class- 26 donations
Fifth grade: Mrs. Mandia's class- 29 donations
Fundraising Newsletter and Complete Race for Ed Contest Standings
- What do funds raised go toward?
- What are we doing with the restitution money?
- Complete standings for Pizza Party contest *
- Special Spirit Assembly activities earned *
**NOTE: You can continue to check this newsletter for UPDATED standings throughout the week.
5th Grade Picnic - Volunteers Needed!
Volunteers are needed (we need a lot more!) to help run games and activities on the day of the picnic. Please check out the Picnic Sign Up and volunteer if you are able! Thank you!
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Klock at email@example.com.
Field Day Rescheduled and HELP NEEDED!
If you have already signed up, please let him know if you are able to help on 5/25. If you haven't signed up, but are available on 5/25, please sign up for a fun day of helping the kids play various games and activities! Please respond by Monday, 5/21!
Mr. Gross can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Home & School Survey
All responses are anonymous, and we would love to hear what you think about events, activities, fundraising, communications, etc.
Please note: This survey is DIFFERENT FROM the Technology Survey and the Elementary School Improvement survey that have been sent recently.
Save the Date!
**Week of 5/28**
- NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Race for Education donation deadline
- IVMS Jazz Band, 9-10 am
- Volunteer Tea, 8-8:30 am
- Buddy Picnic - Mrs. Derro's class
- ABC Parade (morning Kindergarten), 10:30-11:30 am
- ABC Parade (afternoon Kindergarten), 2-3 pm
- 5th Grade Picnic (Rain Date: 6/1)
- 4th Grade Living History Museum, 10:15-11:30 am and 1:30-3 pm
- Race for Education Award Assembly, 2-3 pm
**Week of 6/4**
- Yearbook Distribution
- Field Trip, Mrs. Caranfa's Class, 10 am-1 pm
- 5th Grade vs. Faculty/Staff Relays, 2:30-3:10 pm (Rain Date: 6/5)
- Regular school day (due to 3/21 snow day)
- Field Day Rain Date
- Regular school day (due to 3/22 snow day)
- End of Year Reward Assembly - K, 1, 2, 3, 9:15-11 am
- End of Year Reward Assembly - K, 4, 5, 1:15-3 pm
DVD Literacy (Co-chair for scheduling)
Sundae Bar and Holiday Luncheon (Chair)
Want some back up? Bring a friend. Co-chair teams welcome!!
Interested? Come to the May 14th HSA Meeting or contact HSA at VFhomeschool@soudertonsd.org