RVC Career Services Newsletter
Career & Internship Fair Preparation Workshops
- Wednesday, March 19, 12:00 - 1:00pm in SC 1222
- Thursday, March 20, 4:30 - 5:30pm in SC 1224
RSVP by calling the Career Services office at (815) 921-4091.
Career and Internship Fair
Wednesday, March 26th, 1-4pm
5050 E State St
Regents Hall, Burpee Center
*This event is not held at the Rock Valley College campus*
"Here are the keys for students and job-seekers to successfully navigating a career or job fair. Follow these simple rules and guidelines and you should achieve success in this important strategic tool of job-hunting" - Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D
2. Practice your elevator speech.
3. Arrive early and stay the entire day in order to meet as many employers of interest as possible.
4. Have plenty of resumes handy.
5. Obtain business cards with contact names.
6. Follow up with contacts and send a written thank you letter.
2. Dress unprofessionally.
3. Fail to prepare.
4. Have vague goals and lack focus.
5. Fail to respect the recruiter's time.
Featured Job Opportunity
Tyler's Landscaping is looking for an individual who specializes in residential and commercial landscape design, construction, and maintenance. To view this opportunity log into your College Central account.
Careers with Bright Outlooks
Community Health Workers
Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
About Career Services
- Advising for Career & Technical Programs
- Career exploration and counseling
- Job search assistance
- Resume development
- Mock Interviews
- Assessment tools for helping decide on major/career