Positive Case detected at School
3 March 2022
Positive Case detected at Raureka Primary School
Tēnā koutou e te whanau,
The health and wellbeing of our children, staff and community is a top priority.
We’re sending this letter as there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our community. The student was at school on Friday 25th February 2022.
There are no close contacts identified. Therefore you can still come to school.
Phase 3 of the National Health Plan has been implemented from 11.59am 24th February. What that means is that you should only get a COVID-19 test if: you have symptoms, or if you are a Household Contact (Living in the same household as a confirmed COVID-19 case).
What you need to do
- You and your whānau should watch for symptoms
- If any develop, get tested immediately
- Then, stay at home until you receive the result
- If your whānau hasn’t been vaccinated, please do so as soon as possible. You can book on-line at bookmyvaccine.nz or by calling 0800 28 29 26. It’s free.
What we’re doing
- School will stay open
- We have appropriate public health measures and cleaning procedures in place
Symptoms of COVID-19
· A new or worsening cough
· Sneezing and runny nose
- A fever
- Temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
Less common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, malaise, chest pain, abdominal pain, joint pain, or confusion/irritability.
For more information, go to https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/about-covid-19/covid-19-symptoms/
Please contact Greg Riceman firstname.lastname@example.org 0272906049 if you have any questions.
Noho ora mai