CSMA January 2021 News!
A brief newsletter to share big news!
I hope this newsletter finds you and your families healthy and well. As we put 2020 behind us and open the doors to 2021 I cannot promise it will be easier but we have come a long way, learned so much, and are stronger as a result!
We are looking forward to welcoming back scholars into the buildings this month. We will return to a Hybrid Schedule in K-8, unless you were notified by the office of lower In Person enrollment in your child's class resulting in a 4 day return. PreK will come back full time with dismissal at 11:30am on Wednesdays. Wednesdays will be REMOTE for scholars in K-8 with dismissal at 11:30am.
Please remember, if you have been exposed to COVID-19, or someone in your household tests positive, there are quarantine guidelines that must be followed. Please contact the office to report a COVID case/exposure. If you have questions, or need guidance, please contact Nurse Teri (203-275-4256) or Nurse Bristhole (203-275-4204).
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us at either CSMA locations:
Beechwood Campus: 203-275-4250
Linwood Campus: 203-275-4200
Yours in partnership,
EXCITING NEWS! VIRTUAL EXTENDED DAY STARTS THIS MONTH!
Some offerings include Discovery Museum Learning Labs with provided materials and Planetarium shows, 2nd Grade LEGO League, and MORE! The program will always start with academic and homework support in smaller group settings.
Please use the links included to register your child, K-6, today!
2021-2022 Lottery is Now Open!
All PreK families MUST submit an application to be entered into the lottery, acceptance is not guaranteed.
Siblings will automatically be accepted to Kindergarten but must complete online application with sibling information included. 1st - 8th grade siblings will be brought to the top of the waiting list, please include sibling information in your application. 4th -8th grade applicants must meet academic, behavior, and attendance requirements.
Remote Learning Reminders
- Get up and get ready for school daily. Have your child find a place where they can sit up and focus on their classwork.
- Cameras should be ON at all times for attendance to count.
- Be actively present! Students should keep the camera on, open assignments during class, and contribute when called on or use the chat.
- TEAMS calls are for students only. If you have classroom questions or concerns, please call the main office or email the teacher.
- Attendance counts! All students should be attending classes daily.
- Devices are for academics only and should not be used for personal use outside of class time and homework. Students should not be creating chats or meetings that are not related to school work.
Dates to Remember
January 4th - 8th: Remote learning for all scholars
January 6th: NO SCHOOL - Three Kings Day
January 11th: In-Person scholars return on Hybrid Schedule
**PreK will be In-Person 5 days; 11:30 am dismissal on Wednesdays
January 18th: NO SCHOOL - MLK Day
WEDNESDAY are remote for all K-8 scholars with dismissal at 11:30am
Health and Wellness Announcement
- Please check your child/children for symptoms of illness daily.
- If your child is feeling sick or has been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual STAY HOME. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL IF THEY WERE IN CONTACT WITH A POSITIVE INDIVIDUAL. YOUR CHILD MUST QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS.
- Please continue to report COVID-19 cases to the school during virtual learning.
- Contact Mrs. Davis and Nurse Bristhole/Nurse Teri with any health related questions or concerns: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Contact Mrs. Jorge
Contact Mrs. Davis or Mrs. Peloso-Ulreich
Contact Ms. Rosa