Week 2- Enjoy the 4 Day Labor Day Weekend
A Message from Dr. Frischkorn
Week 2 is in the books. Great job to all our students and staff. This week we rolled out laptops to every student in every classroom. Each student was provided a protective sleeve to put their computer in while they carry it from class to class. The computers will stay in their homerooms at night while they are docked to a charging station. This week we have been working with the logistics of a one-to-one computing environment as well as working on some infrastructure and software needs.
I hope that everyone enjoys a nice, relaxing, 4 day Labor Day Weekend with families and friends. It has really been a wonderful first two weeks of the school year.
Dr. Donald Frischkorn
Our school safety team would like to provide a couple safety announcements regarding dropping off and picking up for students here at Mayfield. Student safety is our priority here at Mayfield and these reminders are being posted in order to keep our students safe.
- Your student should always exit your vehicle on the passenger side, never on the driver’s side.
- Drop off should occur on the right curb of the drop off loop.
- Cross walks should always be clear of vehicles.
- Follow the posted speed limit signs.
- Be patient with the vehicle in front of you.
- Pass with caution.
- 8/30/2019- No School- Labor Day Weekend
- 9/2/2019- No School- Labor Day Weekend
- 9/4/2019- Instrument Rental Night for Band and Orchestra 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- 9/13/2019-2:30 to 4:30- Tailgate Theme
- 9/18/2019- Interim Report Cards
- 9/19/2019 and 9/20/2019- Early Release Day at 11:20 AM - Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 10/7/2019- Fall Picture Day for All Students
- 10/16/2019- Early Release Day at 11:20 AM- End of the 1st Quarter
- 11/9/2019- 10 AM to 4 PM- Safety Patrol Bazaar
A Day/B Day Schedule for the Upcoming Week
Tuesday- B Day
Wednesday- A Day
Thursday- B Day
Friday- A Day
Library of Congress National Book Festival
If you are looking for something interesting to do this long Labor Day weekend, why don't you check out the Library of Congress' National Book Festival in Washington D.C. This will be the 19th year for the festival. The event will be held Saturday, Aug. 31, 2019, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The event is free and open to the public. Doors will open at 8:30 a.m.
Clubs and Activities at Mayfield
- 5th and 6th Grade Girls Basketball- Winter and Spring
- Art Club- Winter
- Safety Patrols- Starts in the fall and lasts all year
- Club Soccer for Boys and Girls- Spring Winter
- Bible Club- Winter
- Chess Club
- Girls Running Club- Spring
- Archery Club- Spring
- Reading Club- Fall and Winter
- 6th and 5th grade Boys Basketball- Fall and Spring
- Roc the Mic- Fall
- Garden Club- Fall and Spring
- Anime Club- Winter
- Honors Band
- Spanish Club- Winter and Spring
- Metz Wrestling Club-Fall
- Games Club- Winter and Spring
6th Grade Boys Basketball is Accepting Registrations
Instrument Rental Night at Mayfield
Wednesday, Sep. 4th, 6:30-8pm
9400 Mayfield Court
Barbecue Cookout Party
Bell Schedule for Mayfield Intermediate School
2019-2020 Bell Schedule:
7:00-Students are coming to class
7:15- Students must be in their homeroom classes
7:47-End of Bobcat Block
7:49-Start of 1st Block
9:11-End of 2nd Block
9:13-Start of 3rd Block
10:35-End of 4th Block
10:37-Start of 5th Block
12:41-End of 7th Block
12:43-Start of 8th Block
2:05-End of 9th Block
2:10-Start of Dismissal
2:20-Buses are Rolling