Remote Learning @ AMS
Parent & Student Information
- Go to www.schoology.com.
- Click Sign Up at the top of the page and and choose Parent.
- Enter your Parent Access Code. This is a 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child's instructors.
- Fill out the form with your information.
- Click Register to complete.
When you use a Parent Access Code to create an account, you are automatically associated to your child. You can add additional children to your account using the Add Child button.
- Parent Access Codes are unique to each student, but can be used to make multiple parent accounts.
- If your Parent Access Code does not allow you to register or, if the code does not have 12 digits, please contact your child's instructor or school for more information.
Students must log in to their Athens City Schools email in order to access remote learning tools. Here are some reminders to help you:
Most remote teachers are also in the classroom all day. Please honor their schedules. Feel free to contact them by email, and expect a response within 24 hours.
Participation is not optional. Failure to log in and complete assignments may result in truancy action.
Students fulfill attendance requirements through a combination of:
logging into their classes regularly
participating in required video conferencing sessions with teachers
Students will be counted absent if there is not a good faith effort on their part to fulfill the above criteria.
Students will be assigned grades based on their completion of assignments in Schoology.
- given on a weekly basis.
- posted on Monday
- due by the following Sunday at midnight
In the event of extenuating circumstances (illness, death in the family, etc.) appropriate documentation should be submitted as per the 20/21 handbook.