December 7, 2015
This Week At Parkview
- College Shirts and jeans, teach about one new college
- Collaboration, 2nd grade, 7:30-8:10 am
- ARD 8:20 am
- Collaboration, 1st and 5th grades, 7:30-8:10 am
- Dr Chadwell campus visit, 8:00-9:00 am
- ARD 9:00
- Kinder DRA
Wednesday, December 9th
- Collaboration, Kinder, 7:30-8:10 am
- Christmas lunch for 1st, 3rd, and 5th
- CPAC, 3:10 pm, library
- Kinder eat at 10:45 with teachers, recess 11:15-11:35
- 1st grade eat with parents/guests and teachers in cafeteria, 11:15-11:55, recess 11:55-12:15
- 2nd grade eat in classrooms, 11:30-12:00, recess 12:15-12:35
- 3rd grade eat with parents/guests and teachers in cafeteria, 12:00-12:40, recess 12:40-1:00
- 4th grade eat in classrooms, 12:25-12:55, recess 1:00-1:20
- 5th eat with parents/guests and teachers in cafeteria, 12:45-1:25, recess 1:25-1:45
Thursday, December 10th
- Collaboration 3rd grade, 7:30-8:10
- Epps mtg, 8:00-1:30 pm
- Kinder DRA
- Frog and Toad for parents 6:30 pm
- Collaboration 4th grade, 7:30-8:10
- Frog and Toad student performance 8:30 am for Kinder, 2nd, 3rd; 10:00 am for 1st, 4th, 5th
- 5th grade conference 10-10:45, specials conference 10:45-11:35
- ARDs 9:15, 10:40, 1:00
- First grade district math assessment due
- Attendance Dance 2:30 pm
- Secret Santa sign up 3:00 in lounge
- Submit votes for Holiday Door contest for your class
Coming Up Next Week!
- Walk through with Julie Vu for ELAR, 8-10:30 am
- Grades due by 8:00 am
- PJ day
- Staff Hot Chocolate and Tea Day
- ARD 8:20 am
- Epps reading day http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4caba82da1f85-december
- Holiday Movie day (clear movie with Epps by 12/11)
- Non holiday movie and activities will be provided in Weems room beginning at 8:30
- Holiday open house at admin
- CTHS Choir performance 10:15 am (lunch for Kinder at 11:00)
- 5th grade district math assessment due
- Staff meeting, 3:15 pm; snacks and game provided by Specials
- Dr Parker visit 8:30-10:30
- ARD 1:00, 3:00
- Progress reports go home
- 3rd grade district math assessment due
- Christmas parties 10:30-11:30
- Early Dismissal 11:40
- Staff Christmas Party 12:15 pm, $5 gift card exchange
- staff development 1:45-3:30 pm
Coming Up Soon!
12/21-1/1 Christmas Break, no school; building closed
1/4 Return to school
1/4-1/15 Aimsweb math assessment for Kinder and 1st
1/6 Vertical Teams meet
1/7 Mom breakfast
1/11 PTA board mtg, 6 pm
1/11-1/15 Istation 2nd-5th graders mid-year assessment in upstairs lab with teacher at scheduled time
1/12 4th grade ELAR training
1/13 2nd and 3rd grade ELAR training
1/14 ICLE consultant here to work with Kinder, 1st, and 3rd grades (2 hrs each)
1/14 bilingual meeting
1/15 4th grade district math assessment due
1/15 Early dismissal, staff development PM
1/15 End of the second nine weeks
1/18 NO SCHOOL
1/19 Grades due by 8:00 am
1/19-1/22 Istation Kinder and 1st grade mid-year assessment in upstairs lab with teacher
1/19 5th grade ELAR training
1/19 PTA meeting and school wide art show
1/20 1st and Kinder ELAR training
1/20 Staff meeting, 5th grade provides snacks and game; Fundamental 5 chapter 6 5th gr
1/22 Spelling Bee, 3rd-5th graders, 9:00 am
1/25 Lego Club, 6-7 pm
1/26 5th grade math/science training
1/27 4th grade math/science training
1/27 Team lead meeting, 3:10 pm
1/28 3rd grade math/science training
1/28 valentine grams go home
1/29 All district honor choir (some 5th graders and Reynolds out)
1/29 Staff Potluck
2/1-5 Benchmark week for 4th writing and 5th math/reading
2/2 2nd grade math/science training
2/3 1st grade math/science training
2/4 Kinder math science training
2/4 100th day of school!
2/5 Dad breakfast
Vocabulary Instructional Focus 2015-16
Our new word this week is INTRIGUING.
Thank you to Jordan and Reiana for all of their hard work on the play! We can't wait to see it this week!
Thank you for the fantastic holiday doors! They are fun and help make our building feel like family!
Thank you to everyone for opening your doors to the APs who were here last week doing walkthroughs. It is great for others to see the good work we are doing every day! They had many compliments for you. The best one was, "it feels so safe and homey here. We can tell your teachers have really spent time building relationships and creating a safe environment for learning!" Mr. Nuss and I especially appreciated that they saw that after only a few minutes in your rooms! WAY TO GO!! :)
Do what you are supposed to do • Plan ahead • Persevere: keep on trying! • Always do your best • Use self-control • Be self-disciplined • Think before you act — consider the consequences • Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes • Set a good example for others
What is responsibility?
1. Being accountable for what you do, for your actions and behavior.
2. Doing the right thing at the right time, so others can trust and depend on you.
What are ways you can show responsibility?
1. Complete your homework and chores on time without being reminded.
2. Follow through on your commitments, even when you don't feel like it.
3. Accept responsibility for your mistakes and learn from them. Don't make excuses or blame others.
4. Take care of your things and those of other people. Return items you borrow.
5. Find out what needs to be done and do it.
6. Make wise choices, such as choosing to eat healthy foods and wearing a helmet.
7. Always do your very best. Others are counting on you!