Robinson Middle School eNews
April 28 , 2021
One Team. One Family. One Robinson.
May 4 | Algebra EOC (All Algebra students)
May 6 | STAAR Science 8 (All 8th grade students)
May 7 | STAAR Social Studies 8 (All 8th grade students)
May 11 | STAAR Math 6, 7, 8 (Face-to-Face students)
May 12 | STAAR Reading 6, 7, 8 (Face-to-Face students)
May 13 | STAAR Math 6, 7, 8 (Remote students)
May 14 | STAAR Reading 6, 7, 8 (Remote students)
Important STAAR Information
Next week, there will be STAAR & EOC testing on campus. Please review the Robinson Testing Schedule to know which days your student will stay at home to work asynchronously.
For those who will be testing, please remember to bring the following:
Chromebook (fully charged)
2 #2 pencils
Book to read after testing
Bottle for water
Lunch (unless purchasing)
In the Morning:
- Arrive between 7:45-8:10am.
- Report to the testing room. Students can ask an adult in the hallway or view the posted signs in the entrance area if they are unsure of their testing location.
- Once testing is completed, if students will not be staying with us the entire school day, parents can sign students out beginning at 1:30 PM at the front entrance. All students must exit the building using the front doors.
- If you will be staying with us on campus, you will remain in your testing room for the remainder of the school day until 3:30 PM dismissal.
- Please communicate with your child in advance if they will be checked out on the day of testing.
- To ensure student safety, students will not be permitted to walk home after testing. All students must be signed out by a parent/guardian.
If you have any questions, please email your grade level counselor.
Back-to-School Plan Review
For those who will be joining us on campus for the first time, the Back-to-School Plan is linked below for your reference.
Electronic devices including cell phones, smart watches and ear buds are not allowed.
Phones and other electronic devices will be collected at the beginning of testing and returned after testing ends. All electronic devices must be powered off.
Face-to-Face and School@Home students who are eligible to ride the bus may do so on designated test days. Please click the link below to check for eligibility and bus stops for your home address.
Items to Bring on Test Days
- Fully charged Chromebook
- Chromebook Charger
- Water bottle
- Book to read after test is complete
Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast and lunch are free and will be available to students. Students may also bring their lunch. Lunch deliveries will not be accepted.
Zoom Office Hours:
All counselors have Zoom meetings during these times:
Mon, Tues, Thurs from 2-3pm
Wed and Fri 10-11am
Visit our Google Classrooms to get the link to the Zoom office hours.
6th grade Kelli.firstname.lastname@example.org 469-752-6218
7th grade Mike.email@example.com 469-752-6217
8th grade Sherry.firstname.lastname@example.org 469-752-6216
Plano West Physical Day
Physical Day is an exciting opportunity for all incoming 7-12 student athletes in the West feeder cluster. On Wednesday, May 12th, PWSH is hosting a mass “Physical Day” from 3:00-6:00 in the competition gym at Plano West. Doctors and PAs from around the local area will provide students the opportunity to receive physicals for the 2021-2022 school year at a cost of $20 (CASH ONLY).
As a reminder, Plano ISD is going to YEARLY physicals; all athletes will need a new physical dated after April 1, 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year.
To access the flyer for more information, click the link below.
- Online forms for 2021-2022 will not be available to fill out until July 2021
Please contact Ken Hentges with questions.
Robinson Athletic Director
Gateway Summer Engineering Camp
Registration for the Gateway Summer Engineering Camp is now open! This summer’s camp will be a virtual, yet hands-on, project-based camp designed to introduce incoming 7th and 8th grade middle school students to the fundamentals of STEM and Project Lead the Way (PLTW) engineering courses within Plano ISD. Certified PLTW instructors provide expert instruction in a fun, exciting environment using leading-edge technologies to sample engineering related activities and projects and get a taste of how fun it can be to be an engineer. Cost of the camp is $100. To learn more about the camp and register, please visit our Plano ISD Gateway Camp Home page. Registration closes May 7, 2021.
PARENTS OF 6th, 7th and 8th GRADERS ARE YOU MOVING THIS SUMMER?
If you are going to be relocating over the summer to another Plano school, private school or out of the district, please fill out the form below and send it to Rhonda Morgan at Rhonda.email@example.com, or fax it to 469-752-6201. The state of Texas now requires all schools to follow-up on non-returning students. Without this information, the students will be coded as dropouts in our reports to the state.
If your plans change, completion of this form does not eliminate your student’s schedule for next year. This request includes current 8th graders who will not attend Jasper or any other PISD high school because of relocation or attendance at a private school.
RMS PTA Community Outreach
Special Education Hero Expo May 14, 2021
The Special Education Services Department is providing a Parent Expo on May 14 for all families who have children receiving special education services in Plano ISD. Registration information is below and all sessions will be held virtually. The information will be shared with team leaders and department heads. They will be asked to communicate this to parents who have children receiving Special Education Services on their campus. Please include the message below in your regular school communication to all parents:
The Special Education Services Department is providing a Parent Expo on May 14 for all families who have children receiving special education services in Plano ISD. Registration information is below and all sessions will be held virtually.
El Departamento de Servicios de Educación Especial ofrecerá una exposición para padres el 14 de mayo para todas las familias que tengan niños que reciben servicios de educación especial en ISD de Plano. La información de registro se encuentra a continuación y todas las sesiones se llevarán a cabo de manera virtual.
The Plano Remote Enrichment Program for Summer (PREPS)
The Plano Remote Enrichment Program for Summer (PREPS) offers a virtual enrichment experience for students in grades 1-7. Students currently in grades 1-4 will choose two courses from a list of options. Students in grades 5-7 will enroll in a virtual project-based course incorporating strands in science, math, technology, and the humanities. Teachers will provide virtual instruction as students navigate their courses and collaborate with other students.
Cost of Program
Dates and Times
June 7 - June 29
Any live/synchronous learning activities for this program will occur between 8-12pm. Students may choose to work on asynchronous learning activities outside of these hours.
How to Register (Registration opens on March 29 and will close on April 30)
- Online Registration must be completed in Google Chrome
- Even though this program will be virtual, there is a question on the registration form that asks about transportation options. You will need to select an option even though there are no face-to-face requirements of this program. As a result, there is no transportation provided for this program.
- Login to Parent Portal
- Go to the Program Enrollment & Payments section.
- Click on TEAMS PSS Program Enrollment & Payments.
- Select your child's name.
- Click on the Summer-Night School tab.
- Highlight the desired course description and click Continue (Students in Grades 1-4 will need to select two courses).
- Review the selected course(s) and the Total Tuition Amount - then, select Continue.
- You will receive the following prompt, "Would you like to make a credit card payment?" Select Yes and enter your payment information.
- Review Credit Card Billing Address and click the Final Review button.
- Review the selected course(s), payment information, and billing address. Please note, you will need an e-mail address listed in order to complete the online registration process.
- Click the Complete Registration button.
- You will know that the transaction was successful if you receive an authorization number. If it was not successful, please verify that all of the information is correct and try again.
- Click the Download button to download and print an authorization receipt.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact the Summer School office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 469-752-8894.
Reminders: Student Technology Equipment Checkout Guidelines
Please visit https://www.pisd.edu/techcheckout for reminders about the use of PISD devices/Chromebooks and information regarding damages and replacement of Chromebooks.
Curbside Meal Pickup
More at www.pisd.edu/grabandgo.
The meal bundles can be picked up at any of the following locations:
- Clark High School, 523 W Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano
- Shepton High School, 5505 W Plano Pkwy, Plano
- Williams High School, 1717 17th St, Plano, TX 75074
- McMillen High School, 750 N Murphy Rd, Murphy, TX 75094
- Vines High School, 1401 Highedge Dr, Plano, TX 75075
Anyone picking up meals for students, without the student present, must bring appropriate documentation in the form of a school issued ID, report card, parent portal attendance summary form, or birth certificate.
Updated PISD 2020-2021 Calendar
Join the Robinson PTA! Our awesome PTA supports students and teachers throughout the school year and sponsors great events and activities. We encourage all of our families to join our PTA by going to http://www.RobinsonPTA.org.
Curbside Library Services
Student are now able to check out physical books from the library during virtual learning!
Procedures to check out books:
- The student will put a hold on the book(s) through their library account. (Refer to the video “How to Place a Library Hold” on the Library Google classroom.)
- Students are in charge of checking their accounts to see when their holds are ready.
- When the books are ready, parents can come at any of the dates and times listed below for pickup.
- Check with your student to make sure they have a book that is available for pickup. They will need to check their library account.
- Pickup will be outside, at the main entrance to the building.
- The books will be on a cart with the student’s name attached. Mr. Tanner will check the books out at that time.
- Book returns will be dropped into the book return and quarantined for 3 days (per district instructions).
Pick up times each week will be:
Monday at 4pm (except first week)
Wednesday at 9am
Friday at 12pm
Mr. Tanner will be posting links on the library Google classroom for help in picking out books to read. Holds will be cancelled after one week of sitting on the cart. Mr. Tanner will include an account summary with the books if there are excessive overdues.
Helpful Attendance Reminders
- If you see a problem with attendance, please email the teacher. Teachers monitor student engagement in class and submit the daily attendance.
- Teachers will enter attendance by 3:00 pm each day. Each student will be marked A (Absent) or PSH (Present School @ Home). The teacher will still have access to attendance the following day to monitor if a student engaged by 11:59 pm.
- If a student is going to be absent, please call the "Child Safe Line" to report the absence. It is not required as we will no longer pre-code the parent call since a student can truly still "engage" by 11:59 pm that day to be counted present.
- Notify the teacher if you are having technical issues and work with them on an alternate way to engage.
- Parent and Doctor Notes must be received within 3 days of returning back to school from the absence.
- Parent and Doctor Notes may be scanned and emailed to Vickie Strong at email@example.com or turned in at the Robinson Front Office.
- This year, an email from a legal guardian listed on PISD Parent Portal, will suffice as a parent note. The email must include the student name, ID number, date(s) of absence, reason for absence along with the parent name submitting the note.
- Teachers are responsible for communicating to each class what their expectations are to be defined as present and engaged in class.
- Any changes made to attendance can take a few hours, or possibly overnight, to sync in Parent Portal.
PISD Family Resource Page
PISD has launched a Family Resource page on the district’s website. This page provides a searchable list that families, community members and school staff can utilize to help find community resources in order to meet a family’s needs. The list is searchable by agency name, zip code and category. Categories include such areas as basic needs (food assistance, housing assistance), health care (medical, dental, vision), and mental health (substance abuse, counseling, etc.). The family resource page can be found at https://www.pisd.edu/familyresources
Plano ISD Website
School Messenger & E-news
Most of our communication takes place via School Messenger (phone/e-mail messages) or e-news. Click on the link below to subscribe to the Robinson e-news:
Check our Robinson Middle School website for other important information about our school.
Follow us on Twitter. https://twitter.com/RobinsonRazorb1 #robinsonproud