Back to School News You Can Use on August 10, 2022
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year!
I am very excited and honored to introduce myself as the new Larson Elementary School Principal, and to join this excellent school community. I can assure you that I share in this school community's dedication to caring for our students every day while providing them with a meaningful learning environment. I am looking forward to getting to know the Larson parents and students. My door is always open if you have questions or concerns. It's going to be an amazing 2022-2023 school year!
Lisa Kwoka, Principal
Meet and Greet Cookie Social!
Professional Learning Community Mondays (PLC Mondays)
Please view the video from MSBSD Superintendent, Dr. Traini regarding PLC Mondays:
Important Information to Start the School Year Off Right!
Below is a basic list of information you will need as we begin the school year; some things have changed, and some remain the same as last year. As always if you have questions, please give us a call at 907-352-2300.
- School days on Tuesdays-Fridays begin at 9:15am and end at 3:45pm
- School days on Professional Learning Community Mondays (PLC Mondays) begin at 10:15am and end at 3:45pm
- Students are not allowed to be dropped off or enter the building prior to 9:00am Tuesday-Friday and cannot be dropped off prior to 10:05am on Mondays
- Doors are unlocked during arrival from 9:00am-9:25am (Tues-Fri) and 10:05-10:30 (Mon) and are unlocked again during dismissal from 3:30pm-4:05pm.
- Doors remain locked during the day and entry is by use of our doorbell (located to the right of the front door)
- We realize some parents would like to walk their students to their classrooms on the first day. Please make sure to use our crosswalks in our parking lot and plan on making your stay in our building brief so that teachers can get started on a great first day. After the first day, we encourage all students to either be dropped off at the front curb or ride the bus to school. This fosters independence!
- Curbside dismissal for parent pick-up students will begin at 3:40pm.
- Pick-up is on the curbside by using our School Dismissal FastLane System. (see flyer below)
- Larson after school busses are scheduled to depart our parking lot at 3:55pm this year.
- Due to ongoing sanitation efforts, school supplies will not to be shared. Please clearly label all personal items.
- Handwashing routines will remain in place to keep our students clean and healthy!
- Water fountains remain BOTTLE FILLING stations. Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle, labeled with their name. This can be kept in the classroom.
- Students will be rotating between Physical Education, Music and Library. (A,B,C Day Rotation).
- Anyone wishing to volunteer at Larson, must fill out the appropriate district paperwork and gain approval from the principal.
- Newsletters from the front office are sent out monthly. They will be sent out the second week of the month.
2022-2023 School Supply Lists
Informatiopn Regarding Free and Reduced Lunch
- Free breakfast/lunch for students will not be funded during the 2022-23 school year. Families are required to fill out the Free and Reduced Breakfast/Lunch Application to receive this service.
- All families are encouraged to apply for Free & Reduced Breakfast/Lunch at: https://www.schoolcafe.com/MSBSD
ELEMENTARY MEAL PRICES
- $2.25 - Breakfast
- $3.75 - Lunch
- $1.00 - Milk
- If sending a "cold" lunch from home, please pack items that students can open independently.
- Microwaves and refrigerators are NOT available.