Elementary School Teacher
Alexis Gonzalez - Period 3
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan lessons that teach students subjects, such as math and reading
- Teach students as a class or in small groups
- Monitor students' progress and grades assignments
- Communicate with students' parents about students' progress
- Develop and enforce classroom rules to teach proper behavior
- Prepare students for standardized tests required by state
Average Hours & Working Schedule
Creativity - Elementary school teachers must plan lessons that engage young students, adapting the lessons to every student’s learning style.
Instructional Skills - Elementary school teachers need to be able to explain difficult concepts in terms that young students can understand. They also must be able to get students engaged in learning and adapt their lessons to each student’s needs.
Patience - Working with students of different abilities and backgrounds can be difficult. Elementary school teachers must respond patiently when students struggle with material.