April 16th: May Lunch Menu and News
Lunch volunteer needed this Thursday, April 19th. Please let Lacy or Lita know if you can help.
Field day was a blast!
Speaking of Volunteers, All volunteers are invited to...
Wright Flight Fly Day!
Civano Community School Wright Flight Program Fly Day is this Saturday, April 21, 2018! This remarkable group of students has worked hard to set and achieve goals, studied for and passed many tests, and attended every meeting. They have earned the right to fly!! If you see a light aircraft in the air Saturday morning, look up and wave!!
Students in third grade through high school will take the AzMerit assessment in April. This assessment will be computer-based. Students will be tested in ELA (writing & reading) and math.
Attendance is very important. Unless there is an emergency or your child is sick, please make sure your child is on time to school and stays until dismissal. Once your child begins a portion of the test, he/she cannot exit the test until all of the questions have been answered.
Remaining AzMerit Testing Schedule
- April 18th 4th Grade Science
- April 19th Lower School Reading & Math Part 2 (3rd- 4th grade)
How Parents Can Help
- Ensure your child has eaten a healthy breakfast and is rested for testing day.
- Ensure that your child arrives to school on time and stays until dismissal.
- Encourage your child to give his or her best effort and to maintain a positive attitude.
For information about the AzMerit assessment and sample tests, please visit:
For Questions, Please Contact:
Director: Kelly Pinkerton at 879-2095 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Teacher: BJ Madsen at 879-1702 or email@example.com
4/19 CPA meeting after community time
5/3 Science Day! We are still looking for educators that can have interactive tables/booths in the afternoon. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5/25 End of the year Celebration! 6:00pm at the Civano community center. More info to come.
May Lunch Helpers Needed:
May Lunch Order:
Orders due by April 30th. No exceptions. Money due by May 1st.
**NEW** Look for the option of ordering all lunches for your child for the month with one click! (Thanks Katie Shipley for the suggestion!)
Please note that there will be no hot lunch on May 24th.
Mark your calendars:
- April 19th - Upper School Field Trip to the Zoo - Remember your sack lunch!
- April 26th - The Big Switch for Incoming Kindergarteners
- April 27th - Upper School Karaoke Party and Dance
- April 30th - Volunteer Dessert
- May 3rd - Family Science Day (details TBD)
- May 15th - 17th - 8th Grade Passages
- May 18th - School Movie and Art Showcase
- May 24th - 8th Grade Promotion
- May 25th - Last Day of School (Family Breakfast, Talent Show and Half-Day)