SCHS Music Notes
February 17th, 2020
Matilda, the Musical
- School Shows #1 & #2 (abridged for elementary performances during school day)
- Full Show #1: 7:00 PM
- School Shows #3 & #4 (abridged for elementary performances during school day)
- Full Show #2: 7:00 PM
- Full Show #3: 2:00
- Full Show #4: 7:00
Student Performers: For call times, please see the Matilda Calendar.
SCHS Music: Spring Concert 2/27
- 4:30 Call Time
- 6:00 Dinner
- 7:00 Concert
Performer Dress: CONCERT BLACK (see syllabus for details)
Volunteers Needed for the Spring Concert
SCSBOA Festival: Chamber Orchestra & Orchestra Only*
- 12:00: Call Time
- 12:30: Warm Up
- 1:00: Perform
- 1:30: Sight-Read
- 3:30: Call Time
- 4:00: Warm Up
- 4:30: Perform
- 5:00: Sight-Read
*Wind Ensemble will not be doing a festival this year, but instead will be using their funds for some instrument specific instruction. Dates TBD.
Amped: Music & Arts Throwdown
Volunteers needed for Succulent Project
Festival of the Arts
Check out our new website with all the info on it. While it's still under construction, we will be adding more info as we get.
Disney Soundtrack Workshop on 5/1!!!
This opportunity is open to 3rd Trimester Chamber Orchestra, Orchestra, and Wind Ensemble Students.
Please visit the link below to learn more and to submit your intent to join us.
Awards Banquet Save the Date!
Chamber Orchestra Audition Info is Up!
Summer is Closer than you think!
Young Leaders in Music Education
Your Donations Are Important!
At this point, we have funds for sheet music, some minor repairs and not much else.
From your Donations, students will benefit from the following:
- Coaching (more individualized instruction on their instrument)
- Transportation and Fees for Music Festivals, Professional Performances, & Events
- Master Classes
- Instrument Purchases & Repairs
- Sheet Music Purchases
- Awards Banquets
- Fun Music Excursions & Experiences
Here's how you can help!
- Monetary Donation ($60 per trimester is recommended)
- Instrument or Equipment Donation
- Amazon Wishlist Item Donation
- Volunteering for Music Events (ticket sales, student supervision, concessions, etc.)
- Joining the Music Guild (survey linked below)
- Attending Parent Meetings (see Google Calendars)
- Creating a home environment that promotes practicing at home.
* You will likely need to "register" your account, as our ASB is using new software this year.