Howardsville Christian Memo
January 20, 2022
1/2 Day of School on Friday, Jan. 21st!
Walking Taco Sale!
Jr Pro Girls
See you Saturday!
1st Semester Report Cards
HOMECOMING Week Spirit Days
If you are participating in the theme of the day, athletic pants are great!
HCS Athletic Photos
Parents - Please use the link below to order your athletic pictures for your HCS athletes! If we don't have picture orders, we will be doing away with individual photos in the future. Thanks!
A HUGE thank you to Jayme Isham of Grace Photography for taking these fantastic photos for us. Check them out!
Gallery Code: eagles22
HCS ATHLETES please return your jerseys to the office as soon as your season ends!
2021 - 2022 EARLY BIRD YEARBOOK SALES are LIVE!
Follow the link below to save $10 on your 2021-2022 yearbook. All orders MUST BE placed online through the website.
HCS school code – 3467
Early Bird $40 each until Jan. 28th after that $50 each.
**** IMPORTANT NOTE - The yearbook company will be charging us a $5 fee for each book order that is placed online after Jan. 15th. We apologize for the rising costs, but unfortunately that seems to be the norm these days.
Helpful tip.... please label your stuff!
Just a reminder we are not responsible for kids that stay after school. THEY ARE UNCHAPERONED! Please make plans to pick your students up promptly at 3:15 p.m.
HOT LUNCH PROGRAM - Tips...
- the site DOES NOT remember your credit card information... sorry... you'll need to type that in each time.
- you CAN order for multiple kids in one transaction... add items to the cart for student #1 and then click on the name of the next student on the left-hand side and order for the next student
- order ahead!! You can go in and order for the week or month!
- orders must be placed by 9 a.m. each morning
-please check your dates!
- weekly pizza order MUST be ordered 24 hours ahead for our ordering purposes
- pretzel orders are the 1st Thursday of each month only... orders MUST be placed 24 hours ahead
- no morning snacks are available from hot lunch.
- if your child is sick, please cancel your order so you don't get charged for it
- If we have a school cancellation, I will cancel all orders for that day.
You would not be asked to judge your child's class. If you can help with one or both of these mornings or have questions, please contact Julie Hitchcock
1st Semester Exams - 9th - 12th Grade Classes
All students only need to be here for their specific class exams.
They MUST be picked up by 11:30 a.m. each day.
They must remain in their classroom until the exam hour is completed.
Wed, Jan. 19th
- 1st Hour 8:30 - 9:45 a.m.
- 2nd Hour 10:15 - 11:30 a.m.
Thurs., Jan. 20th
- 3rd Hour 8:30 - 9:45 a.m.
- 4th Hour 10:15 - 11:30 a.m.
Fri., Jan. 21st
- 5th Hour 8:30 - 9:45 a.m.
- 6th Hour 10:15 - 11:30 a.m.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE OFFICE
- FEVER FREE - Please remember that your students must stay home if they have not been fever free for over 24 hours without the aide of medication. When in doubt, please keep them home.
- Vomit - If your student vomits they must stay home for 24 hours. PLEASE do NOT send them to school.
- SICK DAY POLICY - If your student will be taking a sick day, please email Mrs. Muldoon by 8:30 a.m. If you would like their homework sent home with a sibling, please indicate that in your email. Homework requests will be available for pickup at 3:15 p.m.
- APPOINTMENTS / EARLY RELEASE - If your student has an appointment and they need to leave early, please email Mrs. Muldoon & their teacher.
TRIP / Shop with Scrip Order
There are many different options right now with bonus rebates & different types of cards! Check it out!
Raise Right App (Shop with Scrip)
HCS Wish List
The School Board is working toward improving our current parking lot.
If you feel led to give toward this Capital Project, you can donate on our website and label it Parking Lot.
Important Calendar Events
1/20 - Exams for all High School Classes (1/2 day for 9th - 12th only)
1/21 - Exams for all HIgh School Classes
- 1/2 DAY for all students Early K - 12th grade (dismiss at 11:30 a.m.)
- End of 1st Semester (virtual only report cards will be available on Wed. 1/26)
1/28 - Early Bird Deadline for 2021 - 2022 Yearbooks $40 each
1/31 - 2/4 - HOMECOMING WEEK (details TBA)
2/7 - NO BUS all day!
2/18 - 2/21 - Mid-Winter Break (no classes Friday & Monday)