Dwa vertebrae/invertebrate project
- I reaserched the keel billed tocan because it sounded intresting
- It is a vertebrae which means the possession of a backbone or spinal column.
- The scientific name is Ramphastos sulfuratus which means large yellow beak.
- Two realatives are the toco toucan and channel billed toucan
- Its habitat is lowland rainforests and tropical forest
- The niche is to eat fruits and deposit the seed in their waste and it spreads the seeds and repopulates the fruit.
- 2 adaptations they have are the have a long beak to reach for the fruits and 4 toes 2on back and two on front to climb trees
- They are not indangerd but they are being threatened by habitat loss and affects their population
- The keel billed bird is the natinol bird of belize
- Its toungue is like a feather that catches food and throws it down its throat
- Toucans. Have a loud frog like call that can be heard from a mile in the jungle
- Some poeple used ro have the keel billed toucans as pets and used to be on the market.
- The keel billed toucan is a social bird that can always be seen in flocks of 6 or more birds.