Friday Wrap Up
Friday Attendance Saving
Report! (Yes, you can now do a happy dance!)
- PW will show an IP for a student if they have any of these three:
NOHS system time (worked in their courses)
OLS (LC entered time)
Elluminate Sessions (Class Connect)
Please ensure to follow the attendance save instructions, sent by our AMAZING CL, carefully.
December DDI Conferences
Our monthly conference schedule is postponed in December due to the winter holiday. To ensure that we are still looking at data and using it to drive instructional choices, please respond to the email sent by your HLT on 12/10/2015.This email provided past rate data for your courses.
1. Reply to you HLT AND implement your plan of action by COB Friday, December 18.
2. Come up with a plan of action to motivate failing students to catch up over the winter break (use your gradebook(s) to identify specific students/failing grade bands). Respond to this email with the details of your plan – will you be sending catch up plans on an individual basis? Based on missing assignments? Based on grade bands? Will you be offering extra credit points for work completed over break? Will you be adding a catch up announcement to your course?
Quarter 2 ILPs
ILP Instructions can be found in Sharepoint.
BreadCrumbs: SharePoint California Managed Schools > Teams > IS-CALA > Insight Manual > Individualized Learning Plans
No Department Meeting 12/15/2015
- SBAC PPT collaboration
- Complete ILPs
- Create Catch-up Plans for failing students
Quarter 2 Due Dates & Deadlines
- Please ensure all students have completed the Back to School Packet and iReady assessments. These are now past due.
- BTSP invites are sent to the LG e-mail address bridging over from Total View to School Pathways, so if an outdated e-mail is listed, please be sure to follow the protocol to update it in Total View first and you or the family can submit a BTSP Support Request Ticket to get the e-mail invite updated.
- Any families who are requesting for help should be encouraged to submit a BTSP Support Request Ticket to get further assistance from one of the BTSP Support Team members.
HOLIDAY Break - Potential Student Catch-up Time!
- Email/Kmail blast to your HM and content students
- Weekly NOHS announcement
- Add this reminder to your Content Calendar
- Offer an incentive to students who are completely caught up in their course upon return from the break. (Extra Credit is a great incentive!)
Please share your ideas with your HLT!
Module 5 Training
- New teachers please download : SY 15-16 New Teacher Training- Module 5
- Returning teachers please download: SY 15-16 Returning Teacher Training - Module 5
- Upon completion, please update the HAT:
- Please Scan and email your completed guide to your HLT by COB on 12/18/2015
Quality Online Teaching VNTSP:
Quality Online Teaching: Reporting Personal Progress:
New Teacher Training:
Section sizes have been increased for this class. There are two remaining dates for each section to meet; one in January and one in April. Since this is a multi-event classroom, when a new teacher enrolls for a section, they are enrolled for both dates. We hope everyone will attend both dates to get the most out of the class, but the minimum requirement is to attend one date with a whiteboard posting of their own progress. Directions for how to prepare the posting are in the curriculum.
Once a participant attends and posts, they should NOT cancel their enrollment, even if they aren't going to attend on the other date(s). Cancelling will remove their name from the roster and prevent the issuing of a certificate at the end of the year.
On the next page, you will see the following 4 options:
Please make sure all parties sign the addendum when choosing:
Box 1 : Course additions
Box 4 : Grade Level Change
Only Teacher Signatures are needed when choosing
Box 2: this is when there is a change in the HRT
GE teachers do not use the 3rd box and does not apply to addendums.
- Please ensure you are correctly creating the ISMA addendums.
Friday Attendance Incentives!
Due to our Friday Attendance reports, we are encouraging all teachers to establish a Friday Attendance Incentive for their students. We would love to hear your thoughts and ideas in regard to increasing attendance on Friday.
Some ideas include the following:
- Extra Credit Friday
- Quiz Friday
- Recognize Students (shout outs in CC sessions) with most improved attendance or attendance goals met.
- Students with at least 80% attendance by the end of the month will receive a small gift.
Ideas from the Team:Joe G. -
Friday Freebie on Home page News. Students Kmail me back the answer to a simple Math question for 5 Bonus Points.
I do an extra credit discussion post on Friday’s for my Digital Arts class.
So far I have only asked silly questions like “what’s your favorite Thanksgiving food?”
Student Request for Extra Support- Intervention Link
- Please make sure you are sharing this link with your students.
Due Dates and Reminders
Dec. 2nd-18th: Q2 ILP Update Window
Dec. 18th: Teacher Training Module 5 Due to HLT (Update HAT)
Dec. 18th: Quarter 2 - C1 - New Students - Initial ILP Due
Dec. 18th: Email Employee Attendance Card
Dec 21st-Jan 1st: Winter Break
Jan. 4th: Quarter 2 - C2 - New Students - Initial ILP Due
Jan. 12th: LP-4 Ends; (12/2/2015-1/12/2016)
Jan. 13th: LP-5 Begins (1/13/2016-2/18/2016)
Jan. 18th: Martin Luther King Day (Holiday)
Jan. 29th: Quarter 2 Gradebooks Due
Jan. 29th: Email Employee Attendance Card