Parent Blast - October 4, 2021
Panther Dash Is Happening!
Our Booster Club is excited to share that we are moving forward with Panther Dash this year! In order to follow current guidelines and keep everyone safe, we will be doing the following:
- Format will be walk-a-thon so students can space out and breathe easier
- We will hold the event outside (rain or shine)
- We will be asking for volunteers, which will need to sign in and will remain outside
Be looking for more details coming soon, along with some fun goals that may involve teachers and principals getting pied, slimed and more!
Cell Phones at School:
At Patterson, our cell phone policy is off and away from first bell to dismissal bell. We will give students a warning and have them turn off/put away the first time. If cell phones continue to be out and/or on during the school day, parents will need to come pick the cell phone up from the office.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
- October 5th - Vision Screening
- October 8th - No School, Licensed Non-Contract Day
- October 12th - Booster Club Meeting
- October 15th - Panther Dash
- October 22nd - Picture Day
Picture Day is Coming!
SERVICES OFFERED FOR TALENTED AND GIFTED (TAG) STUDENTS
Parents are welcome to refer their child for services designed for students identified as talented and gifted. Students who score at or above the 97th percentile on a nationally standardized, norm-referenced test of overall reading or math or on a mental abilities test, and have other confirming evidence that they learn at a rapid rate and advanced level, are identified as TAG students. With parent input, individual plans are made to adjust the rate and level of the student’s instruction to meet his or her specific needs.
If you think your child may qualify for TAG services, and want information about the referral and identification process, please contact our TAG Coordinator, Zoe Godsey: email@example.com.
Servicios para Estudiantes Talentosos y Dotados (TAG) Los padres son bienvenidos a recomendar a su hijo/a a los servicios diseñados para estudiantes identificados como TAG. Estudiantes cuales sacan más del 97 porciento en una prueba de logro nacionalmente Regularizada, o en habilidades mentales prueban y tienen otra evidencia confirmando que ellos aprenden a una proporción rápida, se identifica como TAG. Con las sugerencias del padre, se hacen planes individuales para ajustar la proporción y nivelar dela instrucción del estudiantes para satisfacer sus necesidades específicas.
Si usted piensa que su niño puede calificar para los servicios del TAG, y quiere información sobre la referencia y el proceso del resguardo, por favor en contacto a TAG Coordinator, Zoe Godsey: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picture day is coming!!
This year's picture day is October 22. If we are able to have volunteers in the building, we will need 3 to help with this event. Volunteers receive a coupon for free pictures, because of this we would like to offer the volunteer positions to families who otherwise would not be able to purchase or are in need.
If you’re interested please email Stephanie Shimp-Taylor at email@example.com
Positions will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis. If we don’t receive interest from families who are in need, it will be opened up to all volunteers under the same process.
Due to the governor's orders, all volunteers must be vaccinated to help inside the building. Please feel free to reach out with any questions!
First Booster Club Meeting - October 12th, more details coming soon!
Calling all Skilled Chess Players!
If volunteers are able to return to the building this Fall, we would like to hold Chess Club! We are in need of a volunteer who is skilled in chess and able to lead our advanced room. Chess club would be held on Tuesdays, after school 2:35-3:15, until Christmas break.
If you are interested or have additional questions please outreach to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review: COVID Case Protocols
Here are the steps we take once a case is confirmed:
- Contact tracing at school, information provided to our nurse/Washington County
- Class "heads up" letter sent home, letting families know there is a positive case in their child's class
- Close contacts are contacted directly and will need to quarantine
REVIEW: Quarantine Instruction
If your child is required to quarantine we will be providing some learning opportunities via Google Classroom. All of your children will be loaded into and have access to Google Classroom by the end of this week.
When your child is required to quarantine, they will have access to the following:
- Links to our adaptive online programs in their Google Classroom - Wonders for reading/writing, Freckle for math
- Access to recorded or broadcast lessons.
- Access to essential activities in Google Classroom. You can expect a minimum of one math and one language arts activity to be posted each week.
- Recorded lessons are core content lessons (math, content and language arts) that the teacher will record and post in Google Classroom at the end of the day.
- Broadcasted lessons are core content lessons (math, content and language arts) that students can access in real time. Broadcast lessons are not livestream. Students will be able to log in to Google Meet and listen/watch the lesson but will not be interacting with the teacher.
- Each teacher will chose which method (recorded or broadcast) will work best for their students, classroom, and themselves and will communicate their method via the Quarantine Schedule posted on their Google Classroom. Please see below for an example of both schedules.
- Mrs. Lentz will be coordinating quarantine instruction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out.
Students that are absent but not quarantined may access the materials posted on GC. We will not be broadcasting or recording for excused or unexcused absences beyond quarantine.
Thank you to our families for calling students in sick on our attendance line and sharing symptoms. This has helped us to communicate with families regarding timelines for return and kept our building safe and healthy. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to save our attendance line number in your phone: 503.844.1385