WELCOME BACK STUDENTS AND STAFF 2021-2022
ABOUT HONDA SSA
BE A MR. JENSON
What is growth mindset and why is it a focus in our schools?
A growth mindset is the foundation of every learning environment. Students with a growth mindset are proven to be happier and achieve more in life. They are more willing to take on new challenges, have a passion for learning, and view failure as an opportunity for learning and growth. A growth mindset is essential for you to become a successful lifelong learner, and it is something you can develop with practice.
***ANYBODY CAN DEVELOP A GROWTH MINDSET***
***ANYBODY CAN REFRAME BEHAVIOR***
What is the difference between a Fixed Mindset and a Growth Mindset?
- I like my work to be easy.
- I don’t like to try a challenge.
- I want people to praise me for how clever I am.
- I believe I cannot change how clever I am.
- I don’t like to try new things because I won’t be very good at it.
- I give up easily.
- I never give up.
- I like my work to be difficult – it means I am learning.
- I love challenges.
- I want people to praise me for the effort I put into my work.
- I believe I can get more intelligent by working hard.
- I feel clever when I’m learning something new.
- I learn from my mistakes.
How do I develop a Growth Mindset?
How can educators and parents learn more?
Teachers who have opportunities for sustained, ongoing professional development that is linked to classroom practices are more likely to see meaningful changes in their practices.
Developed in collaboration with Raise The Bar, parents learn what a growth mindset is, why it’s important, and best practices to support their children in developing this learning belief.