a weekly newsletter 9-24-13
*No vocab Quiz Friday! However, we will still have vocabulary words for the week. We will be working on a project on Friday using the words. They will be able to use their journals to help them. You can find the list of words in their novel study spiral. Wednesday, Sept. 25 we will have a comprehension quiz over chapters 1 -5.
Spelling: No spelling words!
Science: We will be alternating science and social studies, doing 2 weeks of science and 2 weeks of social studies. This allows us an opportunity to go deeper in our science and social studies topics. For the next 2 weeks we will begin to learn about animals and how they are classified. We will begin this week with vertebrates and invertebrates.
Math: We will begin multiplication this week and will continue with it over the next couple of weeks. The best thing you can do at home is to help your child memorize their facts from 0 -12. Topic 5 in the Pearson Math Textbook is multiplication. Please feel free to have your child bring home their textbook. We will have a short multiplication quiz this Friday, Sept. 27th over the concepts we have learned so far.
Important Dates & Information
- Wed. 25th - Stone Fox quiz ch. 1-5
- Fri. 27th - multiplication quiz over the concept of multiplication.
- Thurs Oct 3rd - Stone Fox Cumulative Vocab quiz. Not every word will be tested, just a select few. They should be able to use them correctly in a sentence.
- Fri Oct. 4th -Stone Fox Final comprehension test: ch 1-10
- TCE Carnival October 6th from 2 - 6
- Don't forget to donate $2.00 for our Carnival basket! Thank you to all of you who have sent in money :)
- Please return the HAC form that was inside of the report card envelope.
A few things to remember...
- Planners need to be signed every night. This is your child's responsibility to make sure you sign. If you need to write me a note, the planner is a great source of communication. You can always email me also! :)
- Tuesday folders go home every Tuesday. Please go through the stapled work with your child and sign and return the packet. Don't forget to sign the attached log under the correct date. Everything under the "keep at home" side should be cleaned out. Please return Tuesday folders by Thursday.
- Only read 1 chapter book at a time! Your child should be reading the same book at home, as he/she is reading for DEAR time in school. We have started our Fortune 500 club, and some students are on their way to earning prizes!! Way to go!
Resource Schedule for the week
Tue: Day 8 Media
Wed: Day 1 PE
Thur: Day 2 Music
Fri: Day 3 nothing
First mate goes to.......Christian Kenney. Christian shows great respect, and is always on task. Way to go Christian!
We have learned how to create a POWER POINT presentation!
Check out the link below. The kids worked hard on researching the state of Wyoming, and then creating a power point presentation! Below you will find Grace P. and Joseph's power point! Way to go guys!