The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 11/5/2017
Great Morning for a Halloween Parade!
7th Grade Scientists Creating Cells! Spotted: Red Blood Cells, White Blood Cells, and Algae
Amazing Turnout for Our Project Aware Event! Thank You to Our Awesome PBS Team!
If you missed it (or would like to revisit the information), please click here for the full presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1D3Lynx7riIi1T6mjdySO8hoOY4c0xMvpaKXnAKBK_v8/edit?usp=sharing
Whether or not you attended, we'd love your feedback for future programming: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfORb8kkDAnwRazDy_UTtxBW2l33gXmLKSBDDrj1z0irvoK9w/viewform
8th Grade Information
- Parent yearbook ads may be purchased between now and December 17th. No parent ads will be accepted after December 17th. Please check your email for more information.
- Information was emailed to you on November 1st regarding graduation diplomas. Please make sure you read that email and follow the instructions.
- Questions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, November 6: Shine Bright Astronomy Night, 5:30pm-7:30pm, Catena (please see the flyer below)
- Tuesday, November 7 through Friday, November 17: Gertrude Hawk sale
- Thursday, November 9 and Friday, November 10: School closed
- Tuesday, November 14: Winter sports begin
- Tuesday, November 14: Board Meeting @ 8:00pm, Board of Education Administrative Offices, 384 West Main Street, Freehold
- Wednesday, November 22: Early dismissal
- Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24: School closed
- Thursday, December 7: Make up picture day
- Friday, February 2: Pocketbook BINGO!
Please click below for a special event at Catena School. Stardust will be performing!
- Our next PTO meeting is Wednesday, November 15, 2017 @ 7:00pm in the STEAM Center.
- Our bagel sale is ongoing, and we are still in need of volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at email@example.com. Prices are as follows: $3 for a bagel and a bottle of water; $2 for just a bagel; $1 for just a bottle of water.
- If you haven't done so already, please become a member of the PTO! Membership and volunteer forms can be found under the PTO tab on our website or by clicking here for the membership form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXMThCNjhmWVNDS2c/view?usp=sharing and here for the volunteer form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXUWJ3cklXZU10cDA/view?usp=sharing
- PTO questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
The Eisenhower Middle School Words of Wisdom Club and Eisenhower Student Government are co-sponsoring a food drive in partnership with the food bank of Monmouth and Ocean County (Renamed "Fulfill") Our goal is to collect at least 3,500 canned food items by Friday, December 8th.
To date, we have collected 1,152 canned/non-perishable packaged food items. Students and parents may drop off donations in the front portion of DDES in the boxes marked by grade level and staff may do so in boxes marked across from our mailboxes. Our school is participating in the annual program initiative and we look forward to another successful food drive. Last year, the Eisenhower Middle School was one of five schools in Monmouth and Ocean Counties combined to net donations of 5,000 pounds of food to the food bank. Thank you for your willingness to combat hunger in our local and surrounding communities.
CPR/AED/First Aid Training and Certification
Be prepared to save a life!
The Freehold Township Education Foundation is proud to sponsor life-saving CPR/AED/First Aid Training and Certification on Friday, December 1st at 6 pm.
This comprehensive class is ideal for teachers, parents, grandparents and students age 12 and older, and will cover Adult, Pediatric and Infant CPR, AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and First Aid.
For more information or to register, please see the attached flyer https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXZ1NNVXZscDI4UWtnZ1RIMEp0Q2VIU0N2RnhJ/view?usp=sharing or visit www.ftefnj.org.
- 2017-2018 District Calendar: http://bit.ly/2vPcwI7
- DDE Website Calendar: http://bit.ly/2xaItdB
- DDE November Printable Calendar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXZG5LRTFyY3pGYVk/view?usp=sharing
- Please click on the links below for information that may be of interest to Freehold Township residents: