Unit I: Introduction & Basics
Chapters 1, 2 & 3
8-12% of your AP Exam will be over Unit I.
3rd & 5th periods: Friday, January 22
Tuesday-Wednesday, January 5-6
3. Remind codes/Email on phone
4. Where to find things
6. Go get textbooks
7. Ch. 1 PowerPoint and PPC Practice on whiteboards
Homework: Read Ch. 1-2. Reading quiz over Ch. 2 next class. Watch the following Crash Course video.
Thursday/Friday, January 7-8
1. Catch up from Wednesday (1st, 3rd & 5th periods) - See agenda above
** Check Canvas. Does it work?
2. Chapter 2 Reading Quiz
3. Review PPC - Practice problems as a class.
4. Review the factors of production. What are some examples?
5. Ch. 2 Discussion Questions. Answer with a partner.
7. Widget Market Class Activity
*** Can use handwritten notes on reading quizzes from Ch. 3 on. Must staple them to your quiz when you turn it in. You will be given them back the next time the class meets. ***
Read Ch. 3 for a reading quiz on Tuesday. You may use handwritten notes!
Monday, January 11
2. Circular Flow Model Simulation - Class Activity
- Read Ch. 3.
- Ch. 3 Reading Quiz (+ a few questions over PPC) next class
Why Price (the INDEPENDENT variable) always goes on the Y-axis in economics:
Tuesday/Wednesday, January 19-20
2. Finish practice problems from last week.
3. Check Ch. 3 reading quiz.
4. Check the homework as a class.
5. Take & check the checkpoint quiz.
7. Post PPC Video on Canvas - Assignmnet