By: Bradley Coleman
What is It?
- Black holes are a large amount of matter packed into a very small space.
- Black holes are formed by the remains of a large star that dies in a supernova explosion.
- Black holes pull energy into itself.
What does it do?
- No matter can escape a black hole not even light.
- There are three types of black holes, the supermassive black hole, the stellar black hole, and the miniature black hole.
- Once you cross the event horizon you cannot get out.
- An event horizon slows time down on the star.
- There is said to be a black hole in another galaxy that is four times the size of the sun.
- Black holes cannot be directly observed.
- Black holes earned their name "black holes" in 1964.
- The Hubble Space telescope provides the best images of black holes.