Kellogg Strong - Distance Learning
Family Newsletter - January 14th
All things for Distance Learning
Message from your Administrative Team
Monday - Thursday:
- We will follow the regular school schedule
- 1st period starts at 9:15am
- Same 4 minute breaks between classes
- Same lunch break
- Here is the site for the class links
- Teachers will be taking attendance.
- Please call the office as usual to report any absences 503-916-5707
- Teachers will ask students to keep their cameras on and will communicate as grade level teams what engagement will look like.
- We've had the opportunity to get to know students so we hope they are more comfortable with cameras on which leads to more engagement and learning.
COVID testing and reporting:
- If your child tests positive, someone in your household tests positive, you've been exposed, please continue to notify the school.
Lunches and supplies - CHANGE
In order to help cover kitchen staffing shortages, lunches for our students will be picked up FRANKLIN HS. More info to come.
During 11:00 - 12:30 you can also stop by the school for:
- Any basic school supplies that you might need
- Get any supplies you left at school. Students may not enter the building. There will be an adult to go get it for you.
Chromebooks and chargers:
- We are in low supply of chargers as they are the first thing students lose track of.
- If you have questions about your device, please email email@example.com and we will try and get your question answered.
Affinity Groups will still happen at the same time
Also you will find the links to
January 24 - 27 - Temporary Distance Learning
January 27th - Last day of Quarter 2, Semester 1
January 28th - No Students - Grading day
January 31st - No Students - School Climate Planning Day
February 4th - NAEP Testing
POSTPONED - February 3rd - 5th
From Family Events Committee
Attention, Kellogg Families! As a brand new school with a new set of students and families, we would like to know what kind of activities and events you are interested in having at Kellogg Middle School. As we work to build our school community and culture, we invite you to fill out the survey below as student and family input is critical to this process!
Kelly Greenberg, MSW
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers Why Do Pronouns Matter?
8th Grade School Counselor
Volunteers - there is still time
Please fill out the following survey to let us know what areas you would be interested to volunteer with. We will contact you to make sure security and training steps are complete before starting.
Please go to https://www.pps.net/volunteer to make sure you have filled their requirements.
An in person or virtual training will happen January 4th with Mrs. Roletto. More information to come.
Adults in our building are expected to follow the PPS Volunteer Code of Conduct while in our building during school hours.
Each opportunity is listed with some details. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
ONGOING FAMILY IMMUNIZATION CLINICS
The Multnomah County Health Department is offering twice-weekly Immunization Clinics for families and children to obtain COVID-19 and school-required vaccines. Clinics will be held on Wednesdays from 11 am - 2 pm & 3 pm - 6 pm at the Gateway WIC Building, 131 NE 102nd Ave., Portland; and on Saturdays from 9 am - 12 pm & 1 pm - at the NE Health Clinic, 5329 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. #322, Portland.
Appointments are required for children aged 5 - 11. No appointment is required for family members to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and flu shots.
Betse Thielman, Manager Health Services, email@example.com
Locating A Pediatric Vaccine Clinic Near You!
Log into Multnomah County Health Department’s vaccine locator website and:
Enter your address or zip code under “Location.”
Click “Filter Your Results”
Click “Pfizer age 5-11” under Vaccine Type.
Click “Apply Filters” under Date Range.
View the list of Pediatric Vaccine Clinics under Provider Information.
Contact the Pediatric Vaccine Clinic provider for appointment information.
Working with 8th Grade and 7th Grade M-Z
Working with 6th Grade and 7th Grade A-L