School Starts Tomorrow!
Information & Reminders...
UES Important Dates:
- August 24 - Student Schedules will go live in Genesis Parent Portal after 3:00 PM
- August 30 & 31 - UES Student Chromebook Pick Up at MHS
- August 31 - Grade 4 Home and School Ice Cream Social 2:00 to 2:45 PM
- September 7 - First Day of School for ALL Students
- September 9 - UES School Spirit Day - Wear your UES Gear!
- September 13 & 14 - UES School Picture Days
- September 13 - Grade 6 Back to School Night
- September 14 - Grades 4 & 5 Back to School Night
- September 16 - UES Home and School Meeting
- September 20 - BOE Meeting - 7:00 PM
- September 21 - All Grades Start Strong ELA & Math Testing
- September 22 - Grade 6 Start Strong Science Testing
- September 26 - Schools Closed for Rosh Hashana
- October 5 - School Closed for Yom Kippur
- October 6 & 7 - UES MAP Testing - All Students
- October 10 - School Closed for Staff In-Service
UES Bus Information
PLEASE check Genesis for your child's bus information. It may have been updated since last week.
- Students should be at the bus stop in the morning 10 minutes prior to the assigned time.
- Buses will run late the first few days of school. Please be patient in both AM & PM until all students and drivers are familiar with the bus runs.
- Students will be assigned seats on the bus.
- All UES students will be assigned a bus number that reads UES-#. (i.e. UES-22)
- Bus numbers will be located on a sign in the bus window and may not coordinate with the number printed on the bus. Please remind your child to look for the sign in the window.
- Bus numbers may change up until the first day of school. Please be sure to check your child's bus assignment in Genesis.
If you have questions regarding your child's bus assignment, bus stop, or bus schedule, please contact the Transportation Department (856-778-6610 ext. 12271).
Student Drop-off & Pick-up
We recognize that some families will transport students by car.
Please note the following:
AM Drop Off:
- Morning drop-off is at the BACK of the building. Students may not be on our UES campus prior to 7:45 AM.
- School starts promptly at 8:00 AM! Students are expected to be in homeroom by 8:00 AM.
- Students who are dropped off in the BACK will enter through the cafeteria and report to their respective homeroom.
- After 8:00 AM students must be dropped off at the FRONT and must sign in with our Attendance Secretary in the Health Office.
- Afternoon pick-up is at the BACK of the building at 3:00 PM. For the safety of our students and staff, cars may not be on campus prior to 2:45 PM.
- All Cars at Drop Off and Pick Up must enter the BACK entrance off of Salem Crossing Road. Cars are not permitted to line up on Salem Crossing or Borton Landing Road prior to 2:45 PM.
- Cars may be directed to park in the parking lot upon arrival to accommodate large numbers of cars.
Students who wish to purchase lunch or snacks from the cafeteria will need to know their 4-digit lunch pin. This pin can be found in the Genesis Parent and Student Portals.
UES Student Chromebooks
- All UES students who picked up their Chromebook early should bring it to school charged and in the school-issued laptop bag.
- Students who did not do early Chromebook pick-up will receive their Chromebooks this week in Homeroom.
- All students must use the school-issued laptop bag to transport their Chromebook.
- Chromebooks must be charged and ready for school each day.
UES September School Spirit Day is Friday, 9/9!
UES School Picture Day - September 13 and 14
Fall 2022 Testing Dates
NJSLA Start Strong Test
September 21 - All Students will take the NJ Start Strong ELA and Math Assessments
September 22 - All UES Grade 6 students will take the Start Strong Science Assessment
October 6 & 7 - All UES Students will take the Measure of Academic Progress Assessment (MAP)
- The UES school day starts at 8:00 AM! Students are expected to be in homeroom by 8:00 AM.
- Students should know their homeroom teacher on the first day. They will be directed to sit outside their homeroom to wait for instructions.
- Please make sure your child has all items needed for school. We need to limit items being dropped off during the school day. Lunch boxes dropped off after 10:30 AM may not get delivered to your child in time for lunch.
- Please check your UES student email before Wednesday, September 7, for any important information from teachers. The student's email address is made of the graduation year, last name, first initial, and @mtps.us. (Example - 27LastF@mtps.us)
- Students should bring their Chromebook charged and ready every day in the school-issued laptop bag.
MTPS Technical Support
Students and parents may contact the MTPS tech team if experiencing a technical problem at home with the MTPS computer or with the online systems that MTPS supports. If you get a busy signal or voicemail, we recommend calling back later or using the email address if possible. Emails may be sent to the email address below anytime, and a tech team member will respond as soon as soon as possible.
UES Tech support: email@example.com 856-793-0333 x 14250