Orlando Science Schools Lynx Campus
IMPORTANT PARENT RESOURCES
READ BELOW FOR IMPORTANT PARENT INFORMATION
SIDELINE OSS SPIRIT STORE
OSS now has its own Spirit Wear store!
**Please note the following:**
- Some Sideline polos and shirts on the site are only being printed with a round OSS logo. Our official school uniform polo, sold by Risse Brothers, is the official school uniform.
- Sideline polos and shirts may only be worn on Fridays as a spirit shirt, during gym class, or on other dress-down days designated by administration. Sideline polos and shirts cannot be worn as a replacement of the Risse Brothers official polo uniform shirts.
- Any sports shorts or pants are to be worn in gym class only.
- Sideline hoodies, jackets, and sweatshirts may only be worn over the official Risse Brothers school uniform polo.
- If students do not act responsibly with the new spirit wear we reserve the right to ask them to discontinue the use of the school spirit wear. No refunds will be provided by OSS.
- All Dress Code requirements apply to Spirit items sold by Sideline. No refunds will be provided by OSS for items that are in violation of the School Dress Code or otherwise.
- For information on Sideline's return and exchange policy please visit Orlando Science Schools Orcas Apparel - Orlando, Florida - Sideline Store - BSN Sports
OSS Virtual Suggestion Locker
PARENT SKYWARD ACCESS
Lynx Campus Bell Schedule
2021-2022 School Calendar
2021-2022 Assessment Calendar
WEEKLY TUTORING IS AVAILABLE!
OSS IS STILL RAISING FUNDS FOR AIR PURIFIERS AND PICNIC TABLES!
We would like to request donations of air purifiers for Lynx and the High School, which can be purchased and brought directly to the campus locations. Air purifiers are a great addition to our school and will provide additional protection for classrooms and walkways.
Preferred Choice for maintenance purposes:
Medify MA-25 Air Purifier with H13 True HEPA Filter
Lynx Air Purifier:
We also would like to purchase outdoor picnic tables to help distance our students, and we will be accepting monetary donations to go toward the cost. Please make donations through our SchoolPay links:
We want to extend our gratitude to all of the parents for helping in any way that you can, and any donations are appreciated!
Orlando Science Schools
MENTAL HEALTH AND COUNSELING RESOURCES
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
If you or someone you know is in crisis – considering suicide or not – call and talk confidentially with a trained crisis counselor 24/7. You’ll be connected with a local crisis center in the Lifeline network. Counselors listen empathetically and without judgment, work to ensure callers feel safe, help identify options and offer information about local mental health services.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Provides resources to help people find mental health services. Provides listings of support groups, resources on loss, and suicide prevention information.
Trained and knowledgeable responders provide information, referrals and support to people living with a mental health condition, family members and caregivers, mental health providers and the public. Many live with a mental health condition or provide care and support to a family member or friend. In the event of a crisis call, they will transfer callers in crisis or who express suicidal ideation to a national crisis line to provide further assistance. They can answer questions about mental health issues including:
- Symptoms of mental health conditions
- Treatment options
- Local support groups and services
- Education programs
- Helping family members get treatment
- Programs to help find jobs
- Connection with local attorneys
- provide counseling or therapy
- provide specific recommendations for things like treatment
- do individual casework, legal representations or other individual advocacy
The CLEAR Warm Line is for individuals with a mental illness who want to talk with someone who shares personal experience coping with mental health issues.
When you need someone to listen or need to feel heard, please call.
We are here for you without judgment to provide support!
Peer Operators are available to take your call from
4:00pm – 10:00pm, 7 days per week
Further info | NAMIGO | 407.253.1900 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center Orlando
Promotes the well-being of the Central Florida LGBTQ communities. Free counseling and community support; call for hours.
A network of organizations that provides services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and all youth (LGBTQ+) ages 13-24. The Coalition assists young people facing homelessness, bullying, isolation from their families, and physical, sexual and drug abuse with individualized programs to guide them to recovery and stability. Offers counseling services and an integrated mental health and substance abuse program for youth.
The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning youth.
Online Therapy Resources for LGBTQ+
The following guide provides an overview of how therapy supports members of the LGBTQ+ community and links to resources that can be helpful for navigating the coming-out process, strengthening your relationships, and learning how to be true to yourself as an LGBTQ+ individual.
Virtual Orientation Information
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- The names and incomes of every member of your household
- The school, grade, birthdate of every student in your household
- Your social security number and electronic signature
- (Optional) A valid email address or phone number for district communication about the status of the application.
ORANGE COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY ONLINE RESOURCES
What is Delayed Dismissal? 30/30 Rule?
The “30/30 Rule" is a Delayed Dismissal Weather procedure that is nationally recognized. It is required that the “30/30 Rule” be enacted by the school if thunder is heard within 30 seconds of a lightning strike. Orlando Science Middle/High follows this rule.
When 30/30 Rule is implemented, students will not be dismissed until 30 minutes has passed from the last sound of thunder. However, parents/guardians who wish to pick up their child/children during delayed dismissal, will be allowed to sign out their child/children at the cafeteria or front office.
In order to pick up your student(s) from the cafeteria or front office during this procedure, parents/guardians must bring their dismissal sign to the front door of the school to sign their child/children out. If you do not have a dismissal sign, you will need to provide a picture ID and be on the school pick-up list to pick-up the child/children. Bus riders will be delivered home when conditions are all safe for dismissal.
An automated telephone and/or email message will be used to notify parents/guardians about delayed dismissals. Always be sure to update the school when your phone or email information changes. Thank you for your cooperation on our students’ safety.
MONTHLY/BIRTHDAY DRESS DOWN DAYS
Please view the document below with important dress-down day guidelines and reminders.
See the important message below regarding FortifyFlorida:
Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or www.getfortifyfl.com. The Florida Legislature directed this tool’s development in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act.
The app, which is available for download on Apple and Android mobile devices, is critical to ensuring all Florida schools are safe environments where students and educators can experience and share the joy of learning without fear.
We hope that you will become familiar with this tool and help us spread the word about it with your students and their families. Please note that the official app’s logo will look exactly as it does in the graphic above.
OSS CONNECT PARENT ACCESS
All OSS Middle High parents can create an OSS Connect account to view their students' academic progress, attendance, discipline, upcoming events and more. Multiple students can be added under one parent account for an easy access. Each student has a unique "Parent Access Code". Please use this code to add each of your students.
- Go to the following URL https://ossconnect.orlandoscience.org/radix/portal/signup/index.php
- Enter the parent access code, birthdate of the student this code belongs to, Student ID (if asked) and your relationship to the student.
- If the information is correct, you will be redirected to a page where you can see your student's name. If this is your student, click continue, if not, click cancel and contact the school.
- After the verification is completed, you will be redirected to registration page. On this page, you will create a new parent account by providing the information requested and selecting a password for your account. Click on "Create my new account" when done.
- You will receive a confirmation email that contains a link to click to complete account creation. Once you click on the link in confirmation email, you will be directed to the site and your account will be ready to use.
- Once you logged in to the site, you can add another student by clicking on the "Add new student" link located on your dashboard.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW OSS APP FOR ANDROID AND APPLE
Orlando Science Middle/High has a new mobile app! It is currently available in the App Store® and in Google Play®. You can download the app for free, for access to our school's news, calendars, volunteer opportunities, push notifications and much more!
Download for Free - visit your tablet or smartphone's storefront and search for "Orlando Science Schools"
- For Android, visit Google Play
- For Apple iOS, visit the and App Store or iTunes
If you have any questions or feedback please email email@example.com.
MIDDLE HIGH PARENT VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION (PVO) REGISTRATION
Welcome back to school OSS parents! We are excited to see your students on campus and we look forward to helping your students reach their goals for the 2021-22 school year. The partnership between parents and students is vital to all of us at OSS. To that end, it is time to join the Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO)! Please use the online registration form below.
Membership is $25 per family for returning families and $30 for new families. Your membership dues go directly back into the school to provide items and supplies for our teachers. Please use the School Pay link to pay dues upon registration.
We are also asking that PVO members work with specific committees (School Improvement, Fundraising, Volunteer Work, Teacher Appreciation, Events, Etc.) See below for opportunities to get involved.
If you have questions, comments, or requests, you may email Orlando Science PVO at PVO.HSCampus@orlandoscience.org (for the High School) or PVO.LynxCampus@orlandoscience.org (for the Lynx Campus).
The PVO will hold meetings once a month that will inform parents of progress, agendas, and upcoming events. Meetings will be held on campus or Via Zoom and will be done in mornings and/or evenings to accommodate everyone.
We are so excited to connect with our families and create a wonderful environment on and off campus!
READ BELOW FOR SOME EASY WAYS TO GIVE BACK TO OSS MIDDLE SCHOOL. WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!
The Box Tops Program is ALL NEW!
AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Orlando Science Schools via Discovery Education Services, Inc. whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
OfficeDepot Gives Back
Office Depot provides the school with 5% back in credits for FREE supplies when you make a purchase of qualifying school supplies. Simply provide the school ID at checkout.
OSES School Code: 70228302
OSS School Code: 70218341