Orlando Science Schools Lynx Campus
IMPORTANT PARENT RESOURCES
READ BELOW FOR IMPORTANT PARENT INFORMATION
OSS Improvement Survey
PARENT SKYWARD ACCESS
Lynx Campus Bell Schedule
2021-2022 School Calendar
WEEKLY TUTORING IS AVAILABLE!
Virtual Orientation Information
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- The names and incomes of every member of your household
- The school, grade, birthdate of every student in your household
- Your social security number and electronic signature
- (Optional) A valid email address or phone number for district communication about the status of the application.
ORANGE COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY ONLINE RESOURCES
What is Delayed Dismissal? 30/30 Rule?
The “30/30 Rule" is a Delayed Dismissal Weather procedure that is nationally recognized. It is required that the “30/30 Rule” be enacted by the school if thunder is heard within 30 seconds of a lightning strike. Orlando Science Middle/High follows this rule.
When 30/30 Rule is implemented, students will not be dismissed until 30 minutes has passed from the last sound of thunder. However, parents/guardians who wish to pick up their child/children during delayed dismissal, will be allowed to sign out their child/children at the cafeteria or front office.
In order to pick up your student(s) from the cafeteria or front office during this procedure, parents/guardians must bring their dismissal sign to the front door of the school to sign their child/children out. If you do not have a dismissal sign, you will need to provide a picture ID and be on the school pick-up list to pick-up the child/children. Bus riders will be delivered home when conditions are all safe for dismissal.
An automated telephone and/or email message will be used to notify parents/guardians about delayed dismissals. Always be sure to update the school when your phone or email information changes. Thank you for your cooperation on our students’ safety.
MONTHLY/BIRTHDAY DRESS DOWN DAYS
Please view the document below with important dress-down day guidelines and reminders.
See the important message below regarding FortifyFlorida:
Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or www.getfortifyfl.com. The Florida Legislature directed this tool’s development in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act.
The app, which is available for download on Apple and Android mobile devices, is critical to ensuring all Florida schools are safe environments where students and educators can experience and share the joy of learning without fear.
We hope that you will become familiar with this tool and help us spread the word about it with your students and their families. Please note that the official app’s logo will look exactly as it does in the graphic above.
OSS CONNECT PARENT ACCESS
All OSS Middle High parents can create an OSS Connect account to view their students' academic progress, attendance, discipline, upcoming events and more. Multiple students can be added under one parent account for an easy access. Each student has a unique "Parent Access Code". Please use this code to add each of your students.
- Go to the following URL https://ossconnect.orlandoscience.org/radix/portal/signup/index.php
- Enter the parent access code, birthdate of the student this code belongs to, Student ID (if asked) and your relationship to the student.
- If the information is correct, you will be redirected to a page where you can see your student's name. If this is your student, click continue, if not, click cancel and contact the school.
- After the verification is completed, you will be redirected to registration page. On this page, you will create a new parent account by providing the information requested and selecting a password for your account. Click on "Create my new account" when done.
- You will receive a confirmation email that contains a link to click to complete account creation. Once you click on the link in confirmation email, you will be directed to the site and your account will be ready to use.
- Once you logged in to the site, you can add another student by clicking on the "Add new student" link located on your dashboard.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW OSS APP FOR ANDROID AND APPLE
Orlando Science Middle/High has a new mobile app! It is currently available in the App Store® and in Google Play®. You can download the app for free, for access to our school's news, calendars, volunteer opportunities, push notifications and much more!
Download for Free - visit your tablet or smartphone's storefront and search for "Orlando Science Schools"
- For Android, visit Google Play
- For Apple iOS, visit the and App Store or iTunes
If you have any questions or feedback please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIDDLE HIGH PARENT VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION (PVO) REGISTRATION
Welcome back to school OSS parents! We are excited to see your students on campus and we look forward to helping your students reach their goals for the 2021-22 school year. The partnership between parents and students is vital to all of us at OSS. To that end, it is time to join the Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO)! Please use the online registration form below.
Membership is $25 per family for returning families and $30 for new families. Your membership dues go directly back into the school to provide items and supplies for our teachers. Please use the School Pay link to pay dues upon registration.
We are also asking that PVO members work with specific committees (School Improvement, Fundraising, Volunteer Work, Teacher Appreciation, Events, Etc.) See below for opportunities to get involved.
If you have questions, comments, or requests, you may email Orlando Science PVO at PVO.HSCampus@orlandoscience.org (for the High School) or PVO.LynxCampus@orlandoscience.org (for the Lynx Campus).
The PVO will hold meetings once a month that will inform parents of progress, agendas, and upcoming events. Meetings will be held on campus or Via Zoom and will be done in mornings and/or evenings to accommodate everyone.
We are so excited to connect with our families and create a wonderful environment on and off campus!
READ BELOW FOR SOME EASY WAYS TO GIVE BACK TO OSS MIDDLE SCHOOL. WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!
The Box Tops Program is ALL NEW!
AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Orlando Science Schools via Discovery Education Services, Inc. whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
OfficeDepot Gives Back
Office Depot provides the school with 5% back in credits for FREE supplies when you make a purchase of qualifying school supplies. Simply provide the school ID at checkout.
OSES School Code: 70228302
OSS School Code: 70218341