ESC REGION 10 SOCIAL STUDIES UPDATE
Hello From Your New R10 Social Studies K-12 Consultant
Region 10 has a new Social Studies Consultant! My name is Kelly Bellar and I am incredibly excited to have joined the Region 10 Teaching & Learning team as the new Social Studies Consultant. I have been diligently working to bring some new and wonderful Social Studies professional development this fall, and am here anytime you have questions, need resources, or just want to share what fantastic things you are doing in your classrooms.
Look for us on Twitter - @Region10SS
Looking forward to creating a community of Social Studies Educators!
Come Join the Fun!
- 9/27 - DBQ Project Elementary @ International Leadership of Texas, Richardson TX (3-5)
- 10/16 - Primary Source Documents: A Lens to Critical Thinking @ Howe ISD, Howe TX (6-12)
- 10/20 - New History at Old Red @ Old Red Museum, Dallas TX
- 10/25 - Activity Smackdown: High Quality Instruction for the Social Studies Classroom @ Red Oak ISD, Red Oak TX (6-12)
- 11/7-11/8 - Law Related Education: Helping Teach the Tougher TEKS @ Royce City ISD, Royce City, TX (5-8 & 9-11)
- 11/10 - Teaching Free Enterprise w/ SMU-Cox O'Neil Center @SMU, Dallas TX (3-12)
- 12/11 - Primary Source Documents: A Lens to Critical Thinking @ Red Oak ISD, Red Oak TX (6-12)
- 1/15 - Ready, Set, Go: Reaching for the STAARs with Law Related Education @ Royce City ISD, Royce City TX (6-12)