January 26, 2020
SUNDAY, JANUARY 26, 2020
Service Times: 9:00am & 10:45am
CALL TO WORSHIP
CELEBRATION OF BAPTISM
Levi Ingold & Henry Yates(1st service)
Benjamin Naus (2nd service)
Galatians 2:16, 19-20 and Prayer of Thanksgiving
PRAISE AND ADORATION
INTERCESSION AND OFFERING
PROCLAMATION OF GOD'S WORD
"Belonging to Christ"
RESPONSE AND BENEDICTION
Sunday Morning Classes
CHILDREN & YOUTH
9:00am [Click Here] for campus map
- Nursery (Infant-2-years) - Yellow 1,2,4
- Pre-K (3-5-years) - Red 1,2
- Sunday School (K-5) - FLC 101-104 & Blue 1,3
- Middle School - Green 4
- High School - Tan 6
- Kidz Church (K-5th Grade) - Choir Room in the Worship Center. Children go to the main worship service and are dismissed before the sermon.
- Circle of Friends Worship Center. Leader - Linda Salajko. The group meets during our second service in "Section E" (lower right portion of the Worship Center) and before the sermon, they are dismissed to their classroom for Bible teaching and fellowship.
SUNDAY EQUIPPING CLASSES [Click Here] for details about each class.
- The Book of Titus with Chip Ingram *FLC 201. Teacher - Christopher Barnes
- 1 Timothy: Avoiding False Teachers *FLC 202. Teacher - Pastor Brett
- All Things New: A Study of Revelation *FLC 203. Teacher - Christopher Williams
- The Book of Acts *FLC 204. Teacher - Andy Stang
- Newcomers/Membership Class Blue 2. Teacher - Pastor Tim
STARTS SUN., FEB. 9
LEGACY GRANDPARENTING CLASS
Sunday, Feb. 9-March 1, 10:45am, FLC 201.
Facilitator - Pastor Floyd
This 4-week class is designed to equip and encourage this generation of active grandparents to stay connected and involved with their grandchildren in positive and powerful ways. Through videos of nationally known speakers and discussion you'll find solid instruction, encouragement, and inspiration.
SUNDAY FAMILY BREAKFAST
The best conversations happen alongside a delicious meal. Come enjoy a full breakfast with your church family every Sunday morning before Church. Breakfast is served between 8:00am-10:45am in the FLC Gym. (GF options available)
- $3.00 - Youth 13 yrs. and under
- $4.00 - Adults
- $14.00 - Family of 4 or more (max 2 adults)
GIVING SUMMARY -1/19/2020
Living Branch Church Giving Update
Thank you for investing your resources in the mission of Christ Community Church. Your act of worship through giving is appreciated.
Through online giving you may make a one-time gift, create a schedule for continuous giving, and manage or view existing schedules. Grab your mobile phone and text 'ccctucson' to 77977 and you'll receive a text back with instructions to start giving.
COME TOGETHER IN PRAYER
SPECIAL PRAYER REQUESTS
- Karen Bouman, mother of Tom, went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, January 22.
- John Piikkila is in the hospital.
Pray for 17-month-old Amelia, granddaughter of Judy Daggert, who is recovering from an allergic reaction. Pray for no long-term side effects and for a safe flight home.
God’s wisdom for the President and political leaders.
Protection for our military, law enforcement, first responders.
[click here] to download our First Responders Prayer Guide.
Revival in America.
ELDER OF THE WEEK
Garett Cunningham, his wife, Janelle, and their adult sons Luke and Cole.
Rob Davis, his wife, Kendrah, and their son Henry, and daughter, Hadleigh.
CHURCH OF THE WEEK
Second Mile, 5005 E Winsett St.
Pray that our church will have a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit's prompting in our lives. We pray that each person will be firmly established in their faith and active in sharing their faith.
There are more concerns within the body at Christ Community Church. Please come to the Lobby Counter on Sunday for a more complete and detailed list of the people who are in need of your prayers. Contact Lori Zaugra at the church office to update the Prayer List.
MISSIONARY OF THE MONTH
Galo & Joanne Vasquez, Vela Ministries, Mexico
Vela Ministries, under the leadership of Galo Vasquez, has been involved in the development of Vision 20/20 which is a national plan of evangelism to take advantage of the new open doors to preach the Gospel and establish new churches across Mexico.
Prayer and Praises:
- After several years of imparting our vision for the National Plan of Evangelism we have been seeing God move as leaders, churches and organizations come together with a unified desire to evangelize. Please continue to pray for this plan as we work together with other ministries and churches to reach as many people as possible with the Gospel.
- We are thankful that the VELA Training Center continues to be busy as it is in use every weekend by churches that hold their retreats, trainings or baptism services. Please pray for new training seminars that our team is in the process of developing and will be implemented next year.
- This year we have seen growth through our Partner Church ministry. The churches continue to minister to families in their communities in practical ways and through events which has brought many new people to their congregations. We have also had the opportunity to add new churches to our Partner Church network who we are working with to support their visions and goals. Please pray for this network of churches as they seek to serve God in difficult areas of the city and most times with limited resources.
- Insecurity in Mexico is increasing. In the area where our office is located there has been an increase in crime. We would appreciate your prayers for the safety of the VELA Office staff.
UPCOMING FEATURED EVENTS
Click on the thumbnail for details
Wednesday Night Dinner
JANUARY 29 - 5:00-6:00pm, FLC Gym
TERIYAKI CHICKEN, Fried Rice, Egg Rolls, Dessert
Reservations required. Call 520.296.8501, email email@example.com, or go online. You may also pay at the door, but your name must be on the registration list by NOON on Tuesdays. All our meals include a gluten free option.
[CLICK HERE] FOR PRICE LIST & OUR FALL MENU
Do You Have a Great Chili or Chocolate Recipe?
Join our friendly competition and dethrone our current champions at our Chili & Chocolate Festival Youth Fundraiser on Sat., April 18 at 6pm at the Plaza. Contact Lori or Dee Dee in the church office if you would like to participate.
Women's Healing Journey Class Begins Jan. 30
Thursdays, January 30th - Aug. or Sept.; 11am, Thigpen residence.
The 29 weekly classes are 2 to 2 ¼ hours, beginning with scriptural lessons on DVD. Following the lesson, participants break into focused, processing groups where God’s healing principles are practiced, and applied to their individual issues. Space is limited! Contact Jan Thigpen at 520-444-3938 to register.
Are you in one of life’s storms? We are here to help and encourage you. Stephen Ministers are Christian volunteers who are available to support you when dealing with deep personal issues. We currently have Stephen Ministers prepared to care for you through a life transition. Stop by our bulletin board in the Lobby for more information, or contact Pastor Brett at the church office. (520) 296-8501.
MINISTRY EVENTS AND CLASS SCHEDULE
[click] on the class title for more information
[CLICK HERE] FOR CAMPUS MAP & MINISTRY CLASS LOCATIONS
WEDNESDAY NIGHT EQUIPPING CLASS (all-church Bible study)
"Being Led By Jesus" Wed., 6:30pm, FLC 201. Teacher: Matt Merrill.
Contact Info: Pastor Erwin
Men's Bible Study
- Tues., 6am FLC Dining Room
- Wed., 6:30pm FLC 203.
- Wed., 6am, FLC Dining Room. Case for Christ (Lee Strobel)
- Sat., 7am, Adult Library. Foundations: An Overview of Systematic Theology, R.C. Sproul.
Other Men's Groups & Events
- Men's Pancake Breakfast Sat., Mar. 14, 8am, FLC Gym.
W.O.W. - "Women of the Word" Bible Study
Becoming a Women of Prayer
- Tues. AM, 9:15am, FLC Gym.
- Wed. PM, 6:30pm, FLC 202.
- Wed. PM, 6:30pm, FLC 204.
Other Women's Groups & Events
- Hour of Prayer Thurs., Jan. 23, 8:30-10am, FLC 204.
- Reach Out Ministry Mon., Jan. 27, 9:00am-noon, FLC 101.
- Mom's Open Gym Mon., Jan. 27, 9:30am, FLC Gym.
- Women's Little Black Dress Event Fri., Jan. 31, 6:00-8:30pm, FLC Gym.
- Memory Lane Writers Wed., Feb. 5, 10am. Eastside City Hall, 7575 E. Speedway.
- Singles BFF Potluck Fri., Feb. 7, 6:00-8:30pm, FLC 101.
Contact Info: Pastor Tim
Fun & Fellowship Thurs., Jan. 30, 10am, FLC 202.
Contact Info: Justin and Courtney Odle
- Community Group Every Other Thurs., 7:30pm, We meet at a member’s home.
Contact Info: Brian and Katy McHolm
- Pursuit Bible Study & Fellowship Tues., 6:30pm, Tan 6.
- Youth UPCOMING EVENTS
- Engage Sunday Next Sun. Feb. 2, Middle and High School students are invited to meet us in the lower left section of the Worship Center to have church together with the adults.
- CCCHS Sun., 9:00am, Tan 6.
- Small Groups Wed., 6:30-8:00pm, Tan 6. Register online to join a small group.
- CCCMS , Sun., 9:00am, Green 4.
- Core Groups Wed., 6:30-8:00pm, Green 4. Register online to join a Core Group.
Contact Info: Chris Taylor
[click here] for campus map & class locations.
- Nursery (infant-2-years) Sun., 9am & 10:45am.
- Preschool (3-5-years), Sun., 9am & 10:45am.
- Sunday School (K-5th Grade) Sun., 9am.
- Kidz Church (K-5th Grade) Sun., 10:45am.
- AWANA Wed., 6:30-8:15pm.
Contact Info: Cindyrae Stang
- Come to the Family Life Center on Sunday and enjoy breakfast before Sunday service.
- Fill out our Get Connected Card located behind the pews.
If you are visiting, Come and meet one of our Pastors after service in the Get Connected Center. We’d really love to meet you!
- Visitors are invited to attend our bi-monthly Reception.
- Attend our quarterly Newcomers/Membership Class.
- Subscribe to receive our weekly eBulletin in your inbox.
- Download our mobile App.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Instagram @ ccctucson.
- Join our online directory.
- To email a pastor, individual email addresses are available on our website.
- To email an elder, individual email addresses are available on our website.
If you wish to have access and be included in the online directory, login into InFellowship and go to your "Privacy Settings." Once you click this, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the box marked "include me in the church directory."