East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
Aug. 24th - Birthday Breakfast
Aug. 29th - Back to School Bingo
Aug. 31st - NO SCHOOL - Closed for professional development
Sept. 3rd - NO SCHOOL
Sept. 4th - Lunch Visitors Allowed
Welcome New Staff
Ms. Blake joins our East Family as a First Grade Teacher
Miss Sherbahn joins our East Family as a Resource teacher.
Flyers will be sent home soon!
If you would like to purchase pictures online you can order at: mylifetouch.com
The Picture Day ID: HM078014Y0
Monday, Aug. 20th 6pm-8pm
Come out and have fun with your friends while skating!
Anderson Roll Arena
2711 Broadway Anderson
Skate Rental: $2.75
Proceeds Benefit East Elementary
Davis Dynamite Dudes and Divas After School Groups
Back To School Bingo!!
Save the Date: Wed August 29th @ 6pm
Check in begins at 5:45pm
More information to come home soon!
Pendleton Swim Club
Make A Splash with PSC!
Does your child love to swim? Are you looking for an encouraging environment where he or she can get involved in a lifetime sport? Competitive swimming is a fun activity that has countless health and social benefits.
Pendleton Swim Club is accepting new members for the Fall/Winter season! Tryouts are on August 20th and 21st from 6:00-7:30 pm at the PHHS pool. Please bring your child prepared to get into the water, and also bring his or her birth certificate for USA Swimming registration. Further information about our club can be found on www.pendletonswimclub.org.
Outfitters Block Party & Fireworks
Fireworks at 10:45pm
$5 per person - 2 & under FREE
Linnie B's Laundromat Parking Lot
The material and/or activity is neither sponsored, promoted, or endorsed by South Madison Community School Corporation. The sponsoring organization agrees that South Madison Community School Corporation as well as its individual school board members, administrators, teachers and other employees, will be held harmless by the sponsoring organization for any liability, cost, damage and attorney fees that result directly or indirectly from the material contained in the distributed literature and from the programs conducted by the sponsoring organization.
Wanted School Bus Drivers
Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring up to 2.75 hours in the AM and up to 2.75 hours in the PM. The school corporation provides support and paid training to help candidates meet the requirements for becoming a certified school bus driver. Substitute bus drivers are especially needed, with the possibility of qualified persons to obtain a regular route within the corporation. Current substitute bus driver rate is $17.90 per hour. Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a “S” Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016
Important Policies and Procedures
- It is important that students be at school every day and on time. If your student will be late or will not be at school, please call the office by 9:00 a.m. at 765.779.4445 x3100. If you have not called in, the attendance dialer service will call you to inform you that your student is not at school and that we have not heard from you. To avoid a call, please call your student in.
- If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students’ Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
- Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Bus rider students will be dismissed from the busses at 8:10 to enter the building.
Stay-in-Car students will be dropped off at the front doors at 8:10.
Bus rider students will be dismissed to the buses at 3:25
Stay-in-Car students will be dismissed at the front doors at 3:25.
- Breakfast is served each morning from 8:10 a.m.—8:25 a.m. for those students who have pre-paid or have free/reduced lunch status.
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 4th.
Student Lunch Hours
1st Grade: 10:45
2nd Grade: 11:00
3rd Grade: 11:15
4th Grade: 11:40
5th Grade: 12:10
6th Grade: 12:40