It has been a great start to the school year. We really appreciate having your support. Thank you for sending us such great kids.
Melanie Koch, Principal, SJH
Patrick Bass, Assistant Principal, SJH
- To translate: click on" translate newsletter "in the black box on the right side of the newsletter. In the" select language menu" choose the language you need.
- "Para traducir al espanol: haga clic en "translate newsletter" que esta en la caja negra al lado derecho del boletin. En el menu de "select language" escoga "Spanish".
- للترجمة إلى اللغة العربية: انقر فوق "ترجمة النشرة الإخبارية" في المربع الأسود على الجانب الأيمن من الرسالة الإخبارية. من قائمة "تحديد اللغة" ، اختر "العربية".
- Kutafsiri kwa Kiswahili: bonyeza "Tafsiri jarida" kwenye sanduku nyeusi upande wa kulia wa jarida. Kutoka kwa menyu ya "Chagua lugha", chagua "Kiswahili".
- Si aad ugu turjunto Af-Soomaaliga: dhagsii "Tarjumida warsidaha" sanduuqa madow ee ku yaal dhinaca midig ee warsidaha. Laga soo bilaabo "Dooro luqadda" menu, dooro "Af-Soomaali".
Any questions about assignments or grades, please email the teacher directly. It may take 24 hours for them to return your email, and we appreciate your patience. After hours emails are not opened until the following day in general.
After school students should be off campus by 2:45 or in the direct supervision of a coach, club leader, teacher or after school program coordinator.
Boise Parks and Rec will be hosting an after school program in the Wrestling Room after Labor Day. Students must register for this program and more details will be coming. The program hours are 2:30-5:30.
Annual Safety and Security Notice
Our first evacuation drill will be 9/1 and our first lockdown drill will be 9/29.
- September 2nd - Paving is anticipated between Owyhee and Shoshone
- September 8th - Paving is anticipated between Latah and Owyhee
The Cassia Street construction project included: an addition of bike lanes, signalized pedestrian/bicycle crossings, a new pedestrian bridge at Cassia Park, and a raised intersection. In addition to the bikeway, the project includes new sidewalks on Cassia between Shoshone and Latah, and Cassia between Troxel and Franklin Park.
- Expect additional congestion when paving occurs in September.
Landscape repairs are continuous until the completion of the construction project. Storm water paver installation is occurring between Latah and Shoshone.
- The final location of this project is at the intersection of Roosevelt and Cassia. ACHD will be installing pedestrian and bicycle improvements including a
- Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon crossing Roosevelt Street.
Construction begins Fall 2021.
Devices and Chargers
Students also need to have headphones (wireless or wired) each day. They can purchase them in the office for $1.00, but we do not have loaners.
It is highly recommended that all students purchase the optional DEVICE DAMAGE DEPOSIT. It is $25 annually and covers accidental damage to devices and chargers. It can be purchased through the webstore link on the school's homepage at: south.boiseschools.org
STAR Testing and Reading Intervention
Parent Education Classes
This common sense approach to parenting will give parents practical ideas about:
- Teaching children to make responsible choices
- Setting limits
- Empathetic responses
- Avoiding power struggles
- Helping to develop problem-solving skills
Please send $12.00 book fee along with registration fee Virtual Class Sept. 15 – Oct. 20 (Wednesdays) 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Randi Brattin and Christopher Gibbons Boise Public Schools Parent Education Fall 2021
Registration Fee based on sliding scale; Book required
For questions or information call (208) 854-4170 or visit our website: www.boiseschools.org under Parents & Patrons/Parent Education
Drug Free Idaho
The active community coalition gives parents a resource for current information and collaborative efforts to create a drug free culture in Idaho.
For more information or to schedule a presentation, please visit www.drugfreeidaho.org or call (208) 570-6404.
• Youth Classroom Education and Demonstrations
• Parent Group & Workplace Education and Demonstrations
• Red Ribbon Week Presentations
• Volunteerism & Community Coalition