Family Update OVLC 4K-6th Grade
Information for the Week of 12/7 - 12/11
2020-2021 OVLC Smore
Hello OVLC Families!
This newsletter includes some exciting updates and information! As you read through, you will find:
- Student Spotlight Celebrations!
- An opportunity to spread some winter cheer!
- Information on OVLC Announcements (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays)
- Mrs. Lang Read-Alouds (available on Sundays)!
- Principal Meet & Greet (continued for grades: 2, 4, & 5)
- Information on when Report Cards for Trimester 1 will be posted and how to access
- OVLC PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization)
- And MORE!
4K-6th Grade OVLC Principal
OVLC Student Spotlight
This week, I have had the opportunity to meet some of our incredible OVLC students during the Mrs. Lang Meet & Greet. I hope you enjoy the pictures and the below highlights from our time!K4
- Elliot is an expert on the solar system!
- Jay likes piranhas and wild animal adventures
- Georgia shared her beautiful artwork and bead-corn craft!
- Cole shared some crafts and likes to draw!
- Whit shared a STEM Jack and the Beanstalk project!
- Becca showed a pottery duck that she painted and some of her favorite unicorns!
- Noah brought a cool stuffed animal snake!
- Finny shared musical ornaments; one played the "Hippopotamus Christmas Song" and the other was the Grinch!
- Noah and Finny also (both) had smiles to show off their missing teeth!
- Jack talked about the fun things he likes to do outside and that once it snows he will be making a snow fort!
- Andrew shared book recommendations: The Mysterious Benedict Society series!
- Natalie said she would buy a horse if she won a million dollars!
- Brandon introduced us to his dog, Cookie! He also shared that he is an expert baker!
Winter Crafts! (A Message from Megan Larson)
I will have a bin at east campus where you can drop off your creations when you do the next packet pickup! (December 16th- 18th)
I know that many of us are overwhelmed already so please do not feel obligated, just putting it out there in case anyone was looking for something a little extra!!
Mrs. Lang's Virtual Office
- OVLC Calendar: In this calendar, I will place links to our family newsletters, announcements, and other OVLC dates.
- Announcements: Beginning next week (12/7), I will have announcements posted for OVLC students on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Please encourage your child to make time during his / her day to listen to hear about upcoming OVLC news and remain connected to our school community.
- Mrs. Lang Read Aloud: On Sundays, I will post a video of a read aloud. Reading aloud to children (of all ages) is highly impactful and I am excited to share some favorite books with everyone!
Principal Meet & Greet!
Friday, December 4th (Small groups scheduled between 9am-10am & 11:30-12pm)
Friday, December 4th (Small groups scheduled between 1pm-3pm)
Wednesday, December 9th (Small groups scheduled between 8am-9:30am)
Tuesday, December 8th (Small groups scheduled between 12pm-2pm)
Thank you for considering!
Please Check Your Student Fees
Please log in to your Skyward Family Access Account to check your student fees balance. If you have outstanding student fees, please pay them as soon as possible. If you are using a payment plan and have not already done so, please pay your quarter one payment which is due now. If you have questions, contact your school's main office.
Mark Your Calendars: Supply Pick Up
TRIMESTER 2: MATERIAL DROP OFF / PICK UP DATES
December 16 (A-M), 17 (N-Z), 18
January 13 (A-M), 14 (N-Z), 15
February 10 (A-M), 11 (N-Z), 12
February 24 (A-M), 25 (N-Z), 26 (extra date) (end of trimester collection)
(4K Pick up dates: 12/4, 12/18, 1/15, 1/29, 2/12, 2/26)
OLVC Library Book Pickup and Access
Students also have access to E-texts via Overdrive using their Classlink account.
Student is unable to attend any live sessions or complete any assignments for the day
Student is unable to attend live sessions but can complete work during part of the day or after 3:30 p.m.
- Contact teacher via email by 9:00 a.m.
Please contact your home school office with any questions.