Corinth Middle School
- MASKS: must be worn at all times while inside the school. Students should arrive at school with a mask everyday
- WATER BOTTLE: Students should also bring a refillable water bottle with them to school each day. Due to COVID restrictions, our water fountains are currently not in use. Water bottle filling stations are available throughout the building
- EAR-BUDS - Students are asked to bring ear buds to school on a daily basis as they are needed for certain class activities
- PARKING: Parents/guardians are asked not to drop students off in the staff parking lot in the morning
Inclement Weather/Snow Day Instruction
For the second consecutive year, the school district will participate in a NYSED pilot program on days of inclement weather, transitioning to synchronous and asynchronous virtual learning when its deemed unsafe to attend in person classes.
Here is how virtual instruction will work on days of inclement weather in the Middle School:
Students will be asked to log into 1st period. Teachers will take attendance, review the entire schedule and remind students where their assignments will be posted. Students and parents/guardians can email staff directly with questions. Teachers will be available throughout the day for assistance with assignments and other academic items.
Students will have the option to complete their coursework during the class period they are scheduled to attend or may elect to complete their assignments at an alternative time during the day. Please review the Virtual Learning Schedule.
Middle School Virtual Learning Schedule
Period 1: 8:30-9:00
Period 2: 9:10-9:40
Period 3: 9:50-10:20
Period 4: 10:20-10:50
Period 5: 11:00-11:30
Period 6/7(Lunch) 12:05-12:35
Period 8: 12:40-1:10
Period 9: 1:20-1:50
Period 10: 2:00-2:30
As always, if you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher or the middle school office.
Student Arrival and Recess During the Winter Season
As the weather continues to become colder and snowier, I would like to remind families of a few important items:
- Students should be dropped off at school as close to 8:00am as possible. Generally, students will remain outside until they are allowed to enter the building, which is usually around 8:00am. In rare situations, the students may be allowed to stay in the cafeteria if weather conditions are extreme and unsafe
- Recess is the one opportunity for students to remove their masks and take a break from wearing them. With that in mind, students should dress accordingly and be prepared for all weather conditions. Jackets, mittens, hats should all be worn during outside recess. Students should expect to go outside unless the weather is extremely dangerous to stay outside for more than 20 minutes
Winter Concert Information
Our Middle School Winter Concert is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 7pm in the HS Gymnasium. This year's program will feature our 5th & 6th grade band. 5th & 6th grade chorus, our 7th & 8th grade band and 7th & 8th grade junior chorus, as well as our 7th & 8th grade hand bell ensemble.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, our concert will be held in the High School Gymnasium. Students will be given 2 tickets for family members to attend. If you have more than one child in our ensembles, please note that tickets are per family and not each individual student in order to minimize crowd size and stay within the recommended 50% capacity. If you are not going to use both of your seats, please encourage your child to return the unneeded ticket to be shared with a larger family so that they may enjoy our concert together.
In addition to the live performance, we will be posting a link in our google classrooms to the live stream of our concert that your child will be able to share with friends and family who are not able to attend in person. We ask that you please remember to practice safe physical distancing (recommended 3-6 feet) with those audience members who are outside of your household and masks must be worn at all times while in the school building regardless of vaccination status. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to your child's music teacher; Mrs. Crombach (email@example.com), Mr. Granger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Miss Hoyne (email@example.com).
We look forward to sharing this evening of joyful music with you all!
Social Emotional Learning - The Positively Project
The mission of The Positivity Project is to empower America's youth to build positive relationships and become their best selves. This is a District-Wide initiative to meet the social emotional needs of our students. Student receive daily lessons on a variety of different character traits.
During the month of December we will be working on the following character strengths:
11/28-12/4 - Kindness
12/5-12/11 - OPM (Other People Mindset) - Knowing my words and actions affect
12/12 - 12/18 - Self-control
Attendance at Modified Sporting Events
During the winter months, children should avoid slippery snowbanks and wait for their bus in a safe location, approximately 20 feet or more off the edge of the roadway. As the bus pulls up to your bus stop, please wait for the door to open before approaching the bus. Think safety first!
Corinth CSD Transportation Department is looking for bus drivers and sub bus drivers. Great opportunity for anyone entered in a part time job. If you're looking for the same school schedule as your children or want a job with weekends and holidays off, this is the place for you!
We handle all the training right here at the transportation facility. Applications can be found on the district's website or contact the transportation office at 518-654-2231.
8th Grade Career and Technical Education Assembly - December 17th
The CCSD Counseling Office will be hosting presentations from our outside programs available in high school, including Career and Technical Education programs at the Myers Center, the New Visions Programs, PTech programs through SUNY Adirondack, the TEC-Smart program at Hudson Valley Community College, and the International Baccalaureate Program at Queensbury High School.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
December 16th: Holiday Concert
December 17th: End of 2nd Interim
December 17th - 8th Grade Career and Technical Education Assembly
December 24th -January 2nd: Holiday Break - NO SCHOOL