SUPPORTING MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE
Erasmus+ KA-1 Course -
SUPPORTING MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE THROUGH INTEGRATED ACTIVITIES
Opposite of traditional views that perceive intelligence as one dimension, being good at math or science, Hovard Garner suggested eight different intelligent types. These are interpersonal intelligences, intrapersonal intelligences, musical inteligence, bodily-kinesthetic intelligence, visual-spetial intelligence, natural intelligence linguistic and logical-mathematical intelligences. Gardner assumes that each individual has all these eight differentint elligences and some intelligences are dominated others. These dominated intelligent types might be used to improve other intelligent types.
Earlychildhood educators should have a good understanding of each intelligent types, should identify which each child’s intelligent types that is dominated others to support children’s all intelligences and dominated intelligence. By doing so early childhood educators might discover next generations’ Picassos, Mozarts or Dostoyevskys. Also they would be able to create an educational program which apply to all children’s individual needs and by this way they help children get used to school and increase positive attitudes of children towards chool. This might serve to one of the main aims of Eropean Union, decreasing the rates of early school leaving, indirectly.
Therefore, this course aims to increase early childhood educators’ understanding of multiple intelligences and to help them increase their abilities to create early learning activities that serves all kinds of intelligences, i.e. all individual child in their classrooms.
This course is designed to increase awareness of the fact that there are different kinds of intelligences and it is possible to support each intelligence through creative and integrated activities in early childhood classrooms.
The seminar is designed for all the teachers and Professional workers in preschools and elementary schools who would like to improve their ability to organize and prepare integrated activities that apeal to different intelligent types.
In this session we will meet with all participants, we will discuss the course programs, topics that will be discussed during the course.
Day 2 and 3: UNDERSANDING MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE THEORY
It is important to have a deeper understanding of Gardner’s point of view to prepare integrated activities for children. Therefore, at theDay 2 and 3 we will discuss the traditional point of view about intelligence and we discuss Gardner’s ideas on intelligences. Additionally, during these two days we will earn each intelligent type in-detail and the ways how to support them.
-Traditional beliefs of intelligence
-Garnder’spoint of view on intelligence.
-Definitions and the ways to support each intelligent type.
Day 4: DISCOVERING OWN IDEAS ON INTELLIGENCE &INTEGRATED ACTIVITIES
It is important to understand our own understanding on intelligence. Do webelieve in multiple intelligence theory? Do we personally give importance to each types of intelligences? What can lead us tothink in thatway? Therefore, at Day 5 wewilldiscussparticipants’ ownunderstandings of intelligence, theirpersonalexperiencesboth in their own lives and in their own professional. We would differentiated intelligence from talentorability. Also we will make an introduction to integrated activity and we discussed our own understandings of integrated activities.
- Personal point of view on intelligent
- Differentiat ingintelligence, talent or giftedness
- Defining integrated activity
Day 6: SUPPORTING MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE IN ONE ACTIVITY
At Day 6 we will discuss the characteristics of an integrated activity. Types of making integration in an activityor in whole educational program. We will talk about worldwide educational programs apeals to multipole intelligences (Reggio-Emiliaand Project Aproach). We will practices to write up or organize integrated activities that apeals to multiple intelligences.
- Characteristics of integrated activity
- Types of integration
- Reggio Emiliaand Project Approach, (how do they support multiple intelligences successfully?)
- Theory to Practice: Writing up integrated activities with each participants through group work
Day 7:CLOSING SESSION
At this last day of the course we will discuss the outcomes of the course, we will evaluate the course program and we will discuss how to create a colloboration between participants for further practices or programs.
Useful information about “SUPPORTING MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE THROUGH INTEGRATED ACTIVITIES” course
Which competencies will you acquire in this course?
Since this course aim to increase understanding of multiple intelligent theory and shifted this understanding to Professional Works, after completing this course participants will be able to;
- Understand the importance of see ingintelligence as a multiple concept
- Differentiate intelligent from talentand giftedness
- Understand how to discoverchildren’s dominated intelligent type
- Prepare integrated activities that appeals different intelligent types
- Learn to support each intelligent type
- Understand how to support multiple intelligence through integrated activity
In what ways can you integrate competencies into work?
This course provides all participant suseful information about multipleintelligent theory, its application in earlychildhood programs and its reflections to Daily activities through integrational lintelligent types in one integrated activity. Although some theoretical information will be given, actually this course is designed to improve teachers ability to prepare integrated activities or an integrated curriculum in their practical work experiences.Therefore, by helping teachers’ experiences to wiriteup integrated activities during the course, teachers can see the results of participating this course quickly in their daily educational programs. Participants can apply newly acquired knowladge in the following areas,
- Analysing the defiencies of their own programs to provide a multi opportunities for children with different intellgences,
- Establishing a team of teachers to work on the integrated activities that might support children’s different intelligent types,
- Designing strategies to identify children’s dominated intelligences and improve others via that dominated intelligent,
- Implemeting new initiatives for working with parents to increase awareness of supportin gchild’s multiple intelligences at home and supporting children’s own dominated intelligences,
- Personal and Professional development of teachers who have difficulties to prepare integrated activities
- Meeting colleagues of different nationalities and building beneficial Networks for further collaboration.
Financial conditions - Fee
- The course fee – 600 € for a 7 days course. Amount includes preparation for the course, tuition, training materials, administration costs, organizational costs, half-day excursion and VAT. (Without travel)
- We can provide you very nice and comfortable hotels. All expenses is covered by EU in Erasmus+ School and Erasmus+ Adult project.
- We can organise extra cultural activities.
- Contact via email@example.com
Trainer: Dr. Şenil ÜNLÜ ÇETİN
Dr. Şenil ÜNLÜ ÇETİN graduated from Middle East Technical University. She completed her Bechelor Degree, Master of Science and Doctoral degree at METU Early Childhood Education Program. She completed her M.S. and PhD thesis on father involvement in early years. Between 2007 and 2014 she worked as a research asistant at METU and now, she has been working at Başkent University at the department of Earlychildhood Education Since 2014. She provides courses such as, Introduction to ECE, Children and Play, Parent Involvement, Music in ECE, Creative Drama in Education.
Our courses will take place
Contact for dates
We can help you during proposal writing...
We can help you during proposal writing...
We offer free consultancy for writing the application form for our patners (for groups larger than 8 persons).
For further details and registration, contact Ali ULUSOY, General Manager of Happy Kids. firstname.lastname@example.org