Room 204 News #17
Look for spelling words in Monday's red folder. Last week we learned about contractions such as I'm, don't, he'll. Contractions combine two words into one by removing letters and replacing with an apostrophe. Look for contractions in your student's spelling list. Help your student be aware of contractions around you! We've found them in our poems and guided reading books.
For example: 7, 4 and 11 are a family. The 11 is at the top of the triangle.
Students learn to identify the missing or covered number on a fact triangle and then generate these equations.
Showing, not Telling
Parent Input Form due by April 4
International Festival at Pattengill
International Festival Update: We want YOU for the International Festival on Thursday, April 17! We look forward to seeing you at Pattengill’s second biannual International Festival! Thank you! Sincerely, Ms. Tchalo, Chairperson, email@example.com, Mrs. Rudberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mr. Knapp, email@example.com, and Ms. Harvey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates to Remember:
- 4/4 Parent Input forms are due
- 4/7-4/11 No School for Spring Break
- 4/15 Bryant Spring Picture Day
- 4/17 International Festival at Pattengill
- 4/18 No School
- 4/21 Field Trip to Real Life Farm
- 4/22 Earth Day/Day of Service
- 4/24 Family Science Night at Bryant
- 5/16 Spring Fling at Pattengill