Brookwood Elementary School - September 17, 2021
Mark Your Calendar:
- September 20 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 1; 2-3 - Day 1
- September 21 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 2; 2-3 - Day 2
- September 21 - CogAT - Grades 1, 2, & 5 - Click here for CogAT information.
- September 21 - BES Night at Texas Roadhouse
- September 22 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 3; 2-3 - Day 3
- September 22 - CogAT - Grades 1 & 2 - Click here for CogAT information.
- September 23 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 4; 2-3 - Day 4
- September 23 - CogAT - Grades 1 & 2 - Click here for CogAT information.
- September 24 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 5; 2-3 - Day 5
- September 28 - Dogwood Pizza Night
- September 30 - Fall Picture Day
- October 4 - PTA Charleston Wrap Orders Due
- October 7 - 11 - Fall Break - Student/Staff Holidays
Brookwood Elementary Needs You!
If you are interested in applying to be Brookwood Elementary's next cafeteria monitor, please contact Bridget Fagan (770-736-4360) in the front office.
Student Council Representatives- Calling 4th and 5th graders!
This week we introduced the Student Government Club (SGA) to fourth and fifth grade classes. Two representatives will be elected from each class to represent their homeroom. Students interested in leadership picked up an application from their homeroom teacher to apply to be in the club. To be considered, applicants must be able to attend all meetings on 10/14, 10/28, 11/18, and 12/9 after school from 3:30-4:30. Applications are due next Friday 9/24 and are to be signed off by a parent or guardian. See the dates below for more information.
- Application due date: Friday 9/24 (No late applications will be accepted.)
- Speech due: Friday 10/1
- In-class speeches: Monday-Tuesday 10/4 - 10/5
- Election Results given Wednesday 10/6
Attention - 4th Grade Parents
You can order a recorder from Brookwood Elementary for an $8.00 fee, which includes a 3-piece recorder and case. Payments are made through MyPaymentsPlus under Events and Activities in School Fees. Another option would be to buy the recorder at a local music store or Amazon. You can find links to our local music stores are on Mr. Reyes' eClass page in the Web Tiles box.
Counselor's Corner - Attendance Awareness Month
Car Rider Parents
School is released at 3:20 each day. Our car rider line begins moving shortly after the release bell. We made adjustments to load more cars and move the line quickly and safely with this year having the largest number of car riders in our school history.
We need your assistance. If you line up prior to the school release time of 3:20, you block streets and intersections and the line is not moving yet. There is nowhere for your car to move until school is dismissed.
If possible, we request you enter the car rider line between 3:20-3:30. This will be during the timeframe that the line will be moving. This is the same process in the morning where our line does not begin to move prior to the arrival time of 8:20am. If you are blocking roadways prior to the school dismissal or arrival time, you will be asked to leave the line and return once school is dismissed (or open for arrival) and the car rider line is operating. Thank you for your assistance in getting our Brookwood Colts home safely.
PTA Fall Fundraiser
Don’t forget that Mrs. Lillard will wear a 🐮COW Costume🐮 if we sell at least 1,425 items through Charleston Wrap! Here is a way for you to not only support our Fundraiser but you can possibly earn your student some FREE Culver’s SWAG in the process…
**The Top 5 sellers over the weekend will earn Free Culver’s Swag!*
Here’s how to register to help:
- Please click here to register today! Use our ORGANIZATION ID 11897 to register! One registration per family.
A MESSAGE FROM The BES HEALTH RESPONSE TEAM
Did you know that Brookwood ES has a Health Response Team (HRT) which manages and communicates COVID related information with staff, students and parents? The HRT gathers information, conducts contact investigations and communicates as needed. In the next few months, it is important that you continue to alert the school if your child develops symptoms or tests positive for the virus.
Common symptoms include:
Fever (100.4 or higher), Cough, Shortness of breath, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting, sore throat, fatigue
Brookwood ES HRT Members:
Brookwood ES: 770-736-4360
Brooke Ahlers: email@example.com
Bridget Fagan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany Pruitt: email@example.com
Debbie Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
One Week Left to Order the Yearbook at a Low Price!
Get your yearbook NOW for the lowest price of the year. Place your order TODAY to purchase this year's yearbook for only $34.00! The price of the yearbook will increase on September 25th! (Credit card installment plan is available.)
Celebrate Your 5th Grader in the Yearbook!
Create and purchase your 5th grade ad between now and September 27th to receive the EARLY DISCOUNT! This year we have two ad sizes to choose from:
- 1/4 Page - $20 (After September 27th - $30)
- 1/8 Page - $12 (After September 27th - $20)
Go to the Jostens website to purchase your ad before the price goes up!
Brookwood Elementary Spelling Bee
You can begin helping your student prepare now using the School Spelling Bee Study List.
Bidding for Good
- Student Principal for the Day - auction ends November 1, 2021
- Lunch with the Principal (1 of 2) - auction ends January 14, 2022
- Lunch with the Principal (2 of 2) - auction ends January 14, 2022
- Morning Announcements with the Principal for a Week - auction ends February 4, 2022
Join the BES Relay for Life Team!
2021 - 2022 PTA Reflections
From the Community
Brookwood Area Girl Scouts
- September 22nd at 6:30 pm - Head Elementary School
- September 23rd at 6:30 pm - Brookwood Elementary School
For information, you can contact Jamie Morris at (470) 882-6256 or email@example.com