Sarus Workshop Series
Choose your workshop of choice & learn with us!
What is the Sarus Workshop Series?
The Sarus Workshop Series is our newest educational and community building initiative. Beginning in early 2016, we'll be offering a series of online collaborative workshops on subjects with which Sarus has expertise, experience, and connections. The purpose is share valuable knowledge, skills, and resources with our supporters, as well as to strengthen and grow the Sarus community.
What's in it for me?
By joining the Sarus Workshop Series, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Learn about subjects that matter to you in a collaborative, supportive environment.
- Tap into Sarus growing network of experts and professionals in Asia
- Become part of an enthusiastic community of lifelong learners.
How does it work?
5 Easy Steps!
- Sign up for a workshop now! Choose one from the list below based on your interests.
- This fall you will receive an electronic survey asking about your goals for the seminar and what you hope to learn and gain from the experience.
- We design an interactive workshop based on your goals and interests. We'll send you preparation materials to get you started.
- You'll join an exciting workshop with experienced Sarus staff and professionals from the field.
- You will receive a toolkit after the workshop to further your learning and engagement!
How can I join?
- $50 contribution: participation in one workshop of your choice + workshop toolkit.
- $200 contribution: subscription to and participation in all workshops + toolkits.
- $500 contribution: subscription to and participation in all workshops + toolkits + 5 hours of mentorship on 1 workshop subject of your choice.
How does the mentorship work?Upon completion of workshops, an experienced Sarus staff member will be dedicated to furthering your learning and engagement on one workshop subject of your choice. Mentorship can be for a project you are currently working on, something you hope to develop, or simply for deepening your knowledge of a given topic. Sarus staff will provide 5-hours of personalized mentorship to you between January - March 2016.
Examples of mentorship include:
- Interested in moving to Asia? Join our How to Move to Asia workshop, and afterwards we'll talk you through all aspects of the move, as well as provide valuable introductions and resources specific to your interests and goals.
- Thinking of starting your own nonprofit? Join our How to Establish a Nonprofit workshop, and afterwards the Sarus Founder will provide in-depth consultation on your next steps and help get you started on your nonprofit endeavours!
What workshops are available?
How to Move to Asia
Non-Violent Communication & Conflict Transformation
Intro to Cambodia
Intro to Vietnam
How to Establish A Non-profit
Storytelling & 21st Century Media
Strategic Social Media Comms