Weekly Bulletin • May 9 - 13, 2016
A Word from Dina and Anna
Here we are with only 4 weeks left of school. This week will be testing week for 3-8th graders across the state. This day is the culmination of work ALL grade levels build toward. Remember, the students belong to ALL of us, the SALAZAR FAMILY. As you see the 3rd and 4th grade students, encourage them to do their best and to work hard. We have already given them their "magic numbers" (number required to pass). They were also told if they work hard and follow the strategies their teachers gave them during the test, they would be allowed to throw a pie in Ms. Holmgreen's face. I can't wait!!
Thanks so much for a great pep rally last week. I think the kids really enjoyed giving and receiving cheers for each other.
Summer School information for students and teachers should be coming out soon. It is being finalized and we are just awaiting the final revision. The summer school will probably be a bit shorter duration this summer.
Parent Conferences - Remember you were emailed information about Parent Conferences to be held May 17-25th. Please let us know the schedule you have set in case someone contacts the office for an appointment. We will be posting conference windows on the marquee.
Also set aside next Monday, May 16th to come together and finalize the HB5 and CNA info.
Remember that the testing does NOT signal the end of learning. Though everyone is tired, and there are many things going on, please do not give busy work to the students. It will only cause class disruptions when students think the year has come to an end. This would be a good time to try literature circles and projects for other subjects. Mari and Dina can give you info on literature circles.
Jeans for Troops - Donate $5 to the office and you may wear jeans on Thursday, May 19th. This donation is in honor of Memorial Day. We are doing this a little early because the week before Memorial Day is packed. You are not required to donate, but your donation will allow you to wear jeans and red, white and blue---and will help support "GI GO JEANS FOR TROOPS DAY."
No P.E. or Enrichment Classes Monday or Tuesday
Thank you for your cooperation!
"Our vision is to create one of the state's best schools where all students are motivated and perform at or above grade level in engaging classes created by staff and parents who collaborate as partners."
This vision statement should guide everything we do. How does it apply to communication (with parents, students and each other), lesson planning and delivery, and behavior management? Need help? Come visit with us.
Around the Corner
- CPI Training--Saturday, May 14
Carmela Ramos, Cynthia Leal, Lynette Crane, Debbie Gomez, Mari Serna, Robert Ross
- May 16th - Staff meeting for HB5
- May 16th - Fountas & Pinnell testing for Gr. 3 and 4
- May 17-25 - Parent Conference window
- May 17th - Memorial Orientation for 4th grade
- May 18th - Ag Fair for 4th grade
- May 18th - mClass Math Grades K and 1
- May 19th - Little Olympic practice at stadium 8:30 - 10:45
- May 19th - mClass Math Grades K and 1
- May 19th - Talent Show
- May 19th - Wear Red, White and Blue for troops
- May 20th - Mr. Santillan on campus
- May 20th - Fountas & Pinnell testing Grades 3 and 4
- May 23rd - Diebels testing
- May 23rd - Elementary Honor Society Induction for Grade 4
- May 24th - LITTLE OLYMPICS
- May 25th - Perfect Attendance Bowling trip
- May 26th - Dubose Orientation for 4th grade
- May 26th - Field Day/Splash Day
- May 27th - 5A Trip