Shamrock School Scoop
August 30th, 2018
From the Desk of the Principal...
We have had another great week at St. Patrick Catholic School. I have SO enjoyed greeting your children in the mornings and seeing their contagious smiles as they bound into school ready for another day.
I wanted to share our school verse for the year. You may have seen it printed on our staff shirts, ‘Be Still and Know that I am God’ Psalm 46:10. This is such a simple verse and can speak to us in many ways. It is so easy to get caught up in the busyness of our day to day lives or over-whelmed with stories we read in the news or on social media. If we can take the time as students, teachers, and as a school family – to pause and recognize God as our Father and thank him for even the smallest gifts or graces that we have received – we can increase our trust in His plan and ask him to fill our hearts with peace.
I encourage you as a family this weekend to take 1 minute to be still – and think about something good God has done in your life!
May God Bless you with abundant peace,
Mrs. Kristine Placek
"Be Still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
- September 3: NO SCHOOL: Labor Day
- September 7: Early Dismissal 1:00 pm
- September 18, 19, 20: Parent Teacher Conferences
September Shamrock Cafe School Lunch Menu
School Pictures - Friday September 28th
- Order forms will come home with proofs in 10-14 days. NO payment due at this time.
- EVERY child will have their picture taken and be featured in the complimentary class composite and yearbook.
- Uniforms Bottoms with uniform top OR dress up top.
- Girls may wear dresses with leggings/ shorts underneath. Please remember they will be going out to recess and eating lunch in whatever they wear for the day.
- NO dress shoes – sneakers/ tennis shoes only.
- NO tank top/ sleeveless top without a cover up.
- Please ensure clothing is modest and covers everything the uniform tops cover.
- If you are unsure – please wear a uniform top or bring one to change into just in case.
Husker concession stand
Husker Concession Stand Sign Up: Volunteer lists need to be submitted to UNL by the Monday of the weekend game. Please consider signing up before then. Thank you
After school clubs
Clubs will begin the week of Sept. 10th. Please see the dates below each club to mark your calendar.
-Clubs will run from 3:30 to 4pm (unless noted on the sign up). Any students left after 4:05 will to go after school care.
-Students are encouraged to commit to attending every meeting as projects can be ongoing and build upon each other. Please let the club leader or office know in advance if your child will not be attending that week.
-The last day to sign up is Friday September 7th.
-The rules for the clubs will be: Be Safe, Be Respectful, and Be Responsible. Students who do not follow these rules will be asked to not return to the club the next week and parents will be notified. Click the link below to sign up!!
The Schmoker Reading Center has 7 spots in their Fall Tutoring program and are waving the $200 fee in order to fill the seats!
If you are interested in free tutoring - see the details below and call ASAP! The spots will fill fast as they have let several schools know of this opportunity...
Option II: 5:45-6:45 Mon/ Wed (Grades K-6)
Option III: 4:15-5:15 Tues/Thurs (Grades 7-8)
Starts Sept 5 – Ends Nov 29th.
Call Michael Hebert ASAP to reserve a spot – 402-472-3307
Visit from Fr. Kelleher
Fr. Kelleher and the Brothers of the Holy Eucharist visited all 1st – 8th grade students this week to share more about the Eucharistic Adoration movement. Last spring, the rosary part of this program was introduced to the students and we were so delighted to have him back. Father shared stories and his passion for his faith, our dear Mother Mary, and Jesus in the Eucharist. Students joined Father for a decade of the rosary at the end of his talk.