Friday Focus Maybury Campus!!
October 16th, 2020
Online, Onsite, On It!
Happy Friday Everyone!
The following message is being sent to families right now for our campus. We will remain in a virtual environment until further notice due to increase of Covid-19 cases and being back up to a level 3.
Happy Friday. This is the proud principal of A+ Arts Academy Maybury Campus.
As we held parent and grade level meetings yesterday evening, it is with a heavy heart that I need to inform you that A+ will remain in a 100% virtual environment until further notice. This decision was made, largely in part, because of Franklin County moving back up to a level 3 for Covid-19. Schedules will continue as they have been for the first quarter and more information will be communicated early next week.
Other items to note include the following:
Tuesday marks the end of the 1st nine weeks. Please be sure to monitor your scholar’s progress on Progress Book and to contact your child’s teacher(s) with any questions or concerns.
Second, Academic Parent Teacher Teams (APTT) Conferences will be held on October 23rd from 4:00pm-7:00pm. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, APTT will happen virtually. Schedules will be sent out on Monday, October 19th, 2020.
Third, we will celebrate Red Ribbon Week October 23-31. Please check the school website for how we will celebrate each day!
Fourth, families, please remember that your scholar will be marked as absent if they are not logging on to class during the scheduled times.
Important Updates and Reminders for the week of 10.19.2020
- Everyone should report to campus by 7:45 am each day with the exception of Wednesday's as everyone works remotely in order for the building to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. Staff hours are 7:45-4:00 pm.
- Remember that all live lessons must be recorded and posted for scholars to view on their own time if they aren't able to attend the live lesson.
- Final grades for the quarter 1 report card are due by 9:00 pm, Tuesday, October 20th. This is a hard deadline so be sure you are getting your scholar grades input.
- The APTT night resources were uploaded and in the shared drive on Friday. Please begin planning for APTT night and getting your presentation ready with all required pieces! I am embedding a checkli link below so that you can know what things you need to have done for APTT and can check off as you get through them. Remember to click run process and enter your name and the completed items will come directly to my email!
- Be sure to remind our families that they can go to www.pha-len.com for educational resources and enrichment
- Be sure to track scholar attendance daily and record in Progress Book.
- If your scholars all have devices, please stop printing paper packets.
- Be sure you are actively meeting with your grade level PLC teams and planning. Your first unit plan for ELA and for Math should be completed unless you've spoken with me and have made alternate arrangements. I'll be checking unit plans this weekend and providing feedback.
- Ensure you are always wearing your mask as you move throughout the common areas on campus.
- Monday's-Wednesday's: Afternoon Staff call @ 2:00 pm with my Zoom room. The room doesn't change so please just bookmark my room and you'll be good to go!
- Please ensure your bulletin boards are neat and not crooked, not hanging from the wall and are covered on all sides.
- Sub plans for 3 days need to be completed and turned in to Ms. Moore by COB Friday, October 23rd, 2020.
- As you finish working on your rooms, please leave some space on your board or somewhere in the room where KUD's can be posted and highly visible for scholars to see when we do begin the hybrid model.
- If you enjoy pizza, please consider contributing to the Wildcat Softball Team! The card is only $10.00 and every-time you buy one large pizza, you get one FREE! The link is embedded below. #Supportthekids :-) Credit would go to Trinity & Talia Cole
- Ms. Moore, Remner and Moseley for getting the supply kits into the gym!
- Happy Boss's Day to CaLeathiea and the PLA Regional Team!
Upcoming Week October 19th-23rd, 2020
- Staff that are required to work onsite should report to the building by 7:45 am. Those working from home should be logging on and getting ready also by 7:45 am. While we will remain in a virtual environment, everyone that does not have an approved job modification should still adhere to our school hour schedule and be onsite as required.
- No school for scholars on Friday as this is APTT conference day as well as Title 1 presentation day.
Academic Coaching Corner: Amanda & Chris
Good morning and TGIF for real! So I think, crossing everything, that we are fixed entirely. This following discussion is only relevant to Wonders.
They are moving all of the items we purchased that they put in the wrong edition over to correct one. It will take about 2-3 days, but our rep is trying to pull some strings for us. I'll check off and on and let you know as soon as it is done.
What that means is: if you registered for the 2017 of the TE and put kids in the 2017 SE, they are gone and you have to redo it. I am SO sorry you all. I promise I am not doing this to make your life complicated. I feel awful about it. This is just part of cleaning up what had been wrong for so many years.
So now here are the correct codes for the 2014 editions:
K TE - Kim you should be okay bc you already had both.
2 TE - Q48Y-TW3F-K2KX-JHVB (same as what I sent you yesterday)
2 SE - K438-VG5S-VNJ8-389V (same as what I sent you yesterday)
3 TE - QRXR-ZJM5-RQTM-8CYG
3 SE - 4JGM-GZ7O-DFK5-XX2M
4 TE - 7H1F-JRJP-2XEC-SSWH
4 SE - HDNT-4ND6-MR3O-X6C8
5 TE - V9JQ-NBDE-7N7Y-8YCS
5 SE - 5K87-P7X2-318H-SGMN
With the exception of 2nd grade, wait until I tell you they are moved over to load them in. Then, if you are still short, let me know and I will order more because of increased enrollment.
Again, you all have been so sweet and flexible and I owe you big!
Thanks and please enjoy the weekend.
Human Resources Information
No New Information at this time